Corsair Community

AMD Threadripper cooling?

Ljugtomten

Are there any plans to supply adapters for the upcoming AMD Threadripper (TR4 socket) or are entirely new models required?

Noctua displayed a cooler for the platform during Computex but no information is to be found from Corsair.

I have been using H100 and H110 for a few years, would be nice to be able to buy a H100i V2 or similar in my HAF X when upgrading..

I'm no expert, but from the size of the socket I think new models are needed :)

Also, on those ATX motherboards, space looks cramped, could be a bit of a challenge to fit it all in.

It'll be interested to see if any motherboard manufacturers come up with E-ATX or even XL-ATX boards.

• Corsair Employee
Are there any plans to supply adapters for the upcoming AMD Threadripper (TR4 socket) or are entirely new models required?

Noctua displayed a cooler for the platform during Computex but no information is to be found from Corsair.

I have been using H100 and H110 for a few years, would be nice to be able to buy a H100i V2 or similar in my HAF X when upgrading..

We do plan to support TR4, though how we go about it is still to be decided. Thanks for bringing it up and I hope to have some news in the future regarding support for Threadripper and the humongous :bigeyes: TR4 socket!

• 2 weeks later...
Please let us know when you have any information as I would love to purchase a H100, H110, or H115 water cooling for my current system as well as the upgraded one once TR is released but would prefer not to purchase one now if it can't be used with the new system. If it can be used with both systems, my current AM3+ system as well as the new TR system, then I can purchase the water cooling cooler now instead of in several months.

News about the Ripper Corsair AiO cooling? Your competitor Arctic has just added in this time now! on his website the TR4 section!

The Sock of the Ripper is brutal big, so kits for pre products are not possible, or?

This prototype 360 AiO from your (Computex 2017), become a bigger pump/block for the Threadripper, exact?

Greetz

• 3 weeks later...

Arctic shows Threadripper Aios

Link: Allround-PC Magazin

Hey Corsair we wont to see now from you something ;)

Hope Corsair brings bigger Pumpheads, i dount buy this smal like from Arctic!? The Ripperspreader is mutch bigger, so i hope Corsair not goes Arctics cheap way, only Kit no new Waterblocks!!

greetz

I have a H110i GT (Cool It). I hear that an Asetek bracket is supplied with threadripper. Will this work with the Cool IT version of H110i GT?

I am not sure what to believe any longer. Hopefully, they either include the bracket or my preference (and I believe a lot of others :biggrin:) would be to include a complete AIO but apparently the ThreadRipper packaging, recently displayed on numerous websites, does not have enough room for an AIO cooler. I hope the bracket does fit one of the Corsair AIO coolers. That would be great. :cool::cool::cool:

Howdy

Any official news from Corsair yet?

AMD presented the Threadripper CPU almost a day ago and many other vendors have started to add support for it.

I'm mostly interested in a H100i V2 as it will fiy my Coolermaster HAF X without modification (and my old H100 does not have Corsair Link).

I want to use a cooler from Corsair, as I am planning to use a PSU with support for Corsair Link aswell.

Here is a link to the list of thermal solutions for AMD Ryzen Threadripper processors (including the Corsair coolers): https://www.amd.com/en/thermal-solutions-threadripper. Hopefully, the pumps on these units cover the entire CPU IHS. Otherwise, I assume, the proper amount of cooling will not be available.

I'm still going to wait a short time for Corsair management and technical staff to make a decision on this (which they probably already did but haven't released to the public). Hopefully they will provide some news before August 10th; the ThreadRipper release date.

Have a great day.

Here is a link to the list of thermal solutions for AMD Ryzen Threadripper processors (including the Corsair coolers): https://www.amd.com/en/thermal-solutions-threadripper. Hopefully, the pumps on these units cover the entire CPU IHS. Otherwise, I assume, the proper amount of cooling will not be available.

I'm still going to wait a short time for Corsair management and technical staff to make a decision on this (which they probably already did but haven't released to the public). Hopefully they will provide some news before August 10th; the ThreadRipper release date.

Have a great day.

Nice to see the H105 on that list, I assume this means that either AMD or Corsair will be offering the necessary mounting hardware? I assume it's not compatible with the existing AMD brackets included with the kit, or else this wouldn't be an issue.

Nice to see the H105 on that list, I assume this means that either AMD or Corsair will be offering the necessary mounting hardware? I assume it's not compatible with the existing AMD brackets included with the kit, or else this wouldn't be an issue.

08-02-2017 07:54 PM

Yes, an Asetek mounting kit will come packaged with the AMD ThreadRipper cpu. I still haven't decided which cooler I will use. I may be waiting until after the release date to make my decision and watch more YouTube video reviews. At least, I may know which AIOs work and which ones have issues.

threadripper chips comes with an asertek (spelling?) bracket in the box for aio units.

so compatibility will come down to which version of aio cooler you have,

personally I wont be getting threadripper until there at least a year old and the tech has matured somewhat and there's more options making them cheaper :P (which is pretty much how I feel about ryzen in general)

threadripper chips comes with an asertek (spelling?) bracket in the box for aio units.

Sorry dude but unless you're trying to be funny, it is ASETEK; the spelling is correct. See http://www.asetek.com/

This Ryzen technology is over 6 months old and has matured quickly. Ryzen 3, 5, 7, and now ThreadRipper (not sure why they removed the 9). I am definitely getting it next week and can't wait to do so. I can multitask so much more than my current system. I don't know how many times now that I pegged my current CPU as well as the memory at 100%. Now, with 16 cores and 32 threads (and 32GB of memory), it will never happen again. I just can't wait for this to happen.

However, it won't be built if I can't find the right cooling for it; that's for sure. That's why it's great to have this discussion group.

Cheers....

Sorry dude but unless you're trying to be funny, it is ASETEK; the spelling is correct. See http://www.asetek.com/

This Ryzen technology is over 6 months old and has matured quickly. Ryzen 3, 5, 7, and now ThreadRipper (not sure why they removed the 9). I am definitely getting it next week and can't wait to do so. I can multitask so much more than my current system. I don't know how many times now that I pegged my current CPU as well as the memory at 100%. Now, with 16 cores and 32 threads (and 32GB of memory), it will never happen again. I just can't wait for this to happen.

However, it won't be built if I can't find the right cooling for it; that's for sure. That's why it's great to have this discussion group.

Cheers....

nah wasn't trying to be funny i'd just heard the name on u-tube vid about unboxing the threadripper chips, I get what you mean about the upgrade but for me personally despite having a first generation fx8350 I prefer to wait until theres a lot more choice in the mobo side of things (because more choice generally means cheaper) heck I only just found out how ot get my 1866 ram to actually run at 1866 on my sabretooth 990fx r2.0 mobo (every time I tried before it wouldn't go past 1600 and then dropped back to 1337 after a shutdown) hopefully now it will stick and maybe I cant push a decent overclock on this cpu (its been running at 4.1/4.2GHz since I got it, cos wasn't any point pushing the cpu if the ram wouldn't work ....) but yeah its good news there shoving the aio bracket in the box along with the torque screwdriver for the cpu, shame they didn't do the same with the am4's would of saved a lot of agro for them and probably increased sales as well /

actually when TR hits the market I'm sorta hoping to see the r7 1800x drop in price a bit, through I doubt it what with all the damn miners

I will be getting my ThreadRipper CPU tomorrow; not sure when I'll get the motherboard since Newegg still hasn't got any inventory for the ASUS board - maybe tomorrow. However, I decided just to utilize the ASETEK cooling bracket that comes with the CPU. I purchased a Corsair H115i since I believe that is the best cooler that fits the Corsair 750D case (and "should" properly cool this CPU). I also watched the YouTube video from Gamers Nexus demonstrating the best ways to apply the thermal paste for ThreadRipper. Great video! You should watch it if you have time.[ame]

[/ame]

Does Corsair have any news? ThreadRipper was released today. Is using the ASETEK bracket the best way to cool this CPU or are they planning on something different? I would prefer to know sooner than later since I haven't unboxed the H115i yet and if they have something else in mind that would cool ThreadRipper even better, it would be great to know now so I can purchase that ThreadRipper cooler and return the H115i.

Is anyone from Corsair listening / reading? :rolleyes:

Originally Posted by red-ray

The H115i worked well on an ASUS Zenith Extreme

I was testing SIV on an ASUS Zenith Extreme + AMD Ryzen Threadripper 1950X 16-Core (Naples) with an H115i and it worked well, see http://forum.corsair.com/forums/showthread.php?p=915401

Thank you so much for sending this information to me. I feel much better now knowing that the H115i will work very well with ThreadRipper. I have no need to return it now. Much appreciated. Yehhhh.

• 2 weeks later...
Why 110i is not compatible? Technical reason?

The Corsair H110i cooler has a slightly different mounting bracket attached to the pump than other ASETEK coolers. The included ASETEK mounting bracket that comes with the ThreadRipper processor is for ASETEK coolers only.

You can see all the coolers that are compatible with ASETEK at the following URL: http://www.asetek.com/desktop/do-it-yourself/ as well as the official list from AMD: https://www.amd.com/en/thermal-solutions-threadripper. There is also additional information and a blog for asking AMD and other BLOG members at https://community.amd.com/community/gaming/blog/2017/08/01/find-a-cooler-for-the-amd-ryzen-threadripper-cpu.

Hope this helps.

• 1 month later...

Archived