Corsair Community

Don't nickel and dime us - SSD adapters

leetlamer

The Obsidian 800d looks like the best case I've ever seen. The interior layout and exterior aesthetics are outstanding. Clearly, it is a high-end enthusiast case with a high-end enthusiast price.

If your case doesn't support SSDs for the hot-swappable bays, then you should include them with the case. If you require your customers to purchase them extra, that is unacceptable. Your customers pay for a case with full functionality, and if it fails to meet that requirement then that is unacceptable. Your customers are purchasing an enthusiast-grade case and they expect an enthusiast-grade experience. At the very least you should include 1 SSD adapter with the 800d.

Also, if you plan on having a windowless side panel for the 800d, customers should have the option of selecting the windowless panel with their 800d purchase. They shouldn't have to buy both - the window that comes with the case and then the windowless separately.

Don't impact your customer experience for a couple of bucks. When people buy a premium product they expect to have a good experience right out of the box.

• Corsair Employee
To use the hot swap bays you will need to mount your HDD or SSD to one of the four included cradles. No adapter is necessary. The case will be sold with the side panel that includes the Window, while we will have a solid side panel available as an accessory. I would agree that it would be ideal for each case to come with a custom set up for each individual customers own needs, but at this time its not possible.

Awesome. I remember from the videos saying that they would be "sold separately" which kind of irked me.

The Obsidian looks like an excellent case. I'm looking forward to its release and I'm planning on using it for my build.

Also, please don't speak in the name of "the customers", that pisses me off. It's your own personal opinion, so no reason to imply that everyone else thinks the same.

:confused: I was saying that my personal opinion was that customer shouldn't have to pay for what should be included. You are misinterpreting what I said. My opinion, not theirs.

Awesome. I remember from the videos saying that they would be "sold separately" which kind of irked me.

Yeah, that confused me too untill specmike explained it, turns out they are SSD-compatible out of the box but then what was the guy in the video talking about? Perhaps this is one of the changes from the early tooling sample to the final version?

Yeah, that confused me too untill specmike explained it, turns out they are SSD-compatible out of the box but then what was the guy in the video talking about? Perhaps this is one of the changes from the early tooling sample to the final version?

Go the the 800d page and click on videos. Then go to the firsts video with Tweak Town and at ~33 seconds into the video the Corsair guy says "This is not something that comes with it, but we are working on an adapter so you can put SSDs in here."

Archived