Corsair Community

I bought a refurbished Strafe RGB from Amazon not even a week ago and I had been using (and loving) this keyboard without issue since then. I had downloaded iCUE and applied the necessary updates, per usual. On Wednesday afternoon, I shut down my PC (I do this a couple of times a week; normally it's in Sleep mode). About 7 hours later, I booted up my PC again, but my keyboard did not turn on and was unresponsive. There were no lights at all. Thinking it was a fluke, I restarted, but still nothing. I tried plugging it in to various USB ports, but still nothing again.

Instead I noticed a message pop up saying "CRP Disabled" and my PC treating it as a storage device with only "firmware.bin" contained in it. I did lots of searching and found that the general consensus is that the firmware file has somehow been corrupted. I tried a soft reset (hold Esc when plugging it back in) just to see if maybe that would help anything, but it didn't.

I've already submitted a support ticket about this and am still waiting to hear something back, but in the meantime I'm feeling rather desperate to get this resolved, so that's why I decided to post here. I was really enjoying the keyboard and it's a real bummer to have something like this happen 4 days after getting it. I'm also on a bit of limited time, because if the issue cannot be resolved, I need time to be able to contact Amazon to have a replacement sent.

I'd really appreciate any help or other suggestions.

• 1 month later...
Hi Please PM me your email and I can send you the FW file and steps to perform a hard firmware reset.

I have that issue now too my 2+yrs K65 RGB rapidfire is also disabled 4 days ago and I have already created a ticket to Cosair tech support but they did not reply me eventhough at least 3 working days have passed.

Will you be able to send me the file too? Thank you in advance.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...