Corsair Community

iCue RGB to another program

TheArkratos

Is it possible to get RGB values from iCue and receive them in another program?

For context I am a programmer and owner of a x399 Gigabyte Aorus Gaming 7 motherboard. Gigabyte has an SDK for allowing programs to set and control the lighting of the motherboard. Is there a way for me to read RGB values defined by iCue and allow myself to send them to the motherboard SDK?

This would also allow me to write programs for arduinos, Philips Hue, etc...

I'd be happy with them exposed via shared memory, socket, whatever....

Is it possible to get RGB values from iCue and receive them in another program?

For context I am a programmer and owner of a x399 Gigabyte Aorus Gaming 7 motherboard. Gigabyte has an SDK for allowing programs to set and control the lighting of the motherboard. Is there a way for me to read RGB values defined by iCue and allow myself to send them to the motherboard SDK?

This would also allow me to write programs for arduinos, Philips Hue, etc...

I'd be happy with them exposed via shared memory, socket, whatever....

Not at the moment. Hopefully we'll be able to get that soon.

Not sure if/how the CUE2 SDK will work with iCue. If anything, I would think that it would only give you the RGB value of a particular desktop peripheral, as opposed to fan/strip/cooler.

Does this mean the SDK does not work at all at the moment?

Does this mean the SDK does not work at all at the moment?

No ... it means that I'm not sure. If it does, I would guess that it's likely only for devices supported in CUE 2.

That said, the integration with FarCry 5 indicates that there is some kind of integration that is possible. But this is setting values, not reading them.

No ... it means that I'm not sure. If it does, I would guess that it's likely only for devices supported in CUE 2.

That said, the integration with FarCry 5 indicates that there is some kind of integration that is possible. But this is setting values, not reading them.

Thank you for the input, I'll investigate more when I get back home! I'll try to let people know if I find anything out....

Archived