Corsair Community

RM1000i buzzing noise

Jorian123

Hey,

I just bought a new RM1000i for my primary pc at home because I'm building a second one, for which i'm going to use my old RM850i. The problem is, that the RM1000i makes a slight high pitched buzzing/squeeling noise. I think it might be coil whine, but i'm not sure. I left all the cabeling and everyting in the case, and my old psu didn't make the noise, so i'm positive that it's coming from the new psu. Does anyone of you know if this high pitched, primarily buzzing sound means the PSU is bad, or is it just a noise that is harmless. The sound doesn't bother me, so if it's just some coilwhine i'm not gonna RMA, but if it means a capacitor is going bad, that's different story.

I recently bought a RM1000i and came with a lot of whine. Most noticeably during high CPU or GPU usages.

I sent a video to the corsair support via a ticket and explained I wasn't willing to live with this whine for 7 years (warranty time), and they replaced my unit ASAP. It was quite a seamless swap. The replacement is ultra quiet, literally no whine at all.

Corsair lets you replace the PSU only if you want, so you don't need to undo all your PC cabling.

You'll need a VISA card at hand for a deposit, deposit that will be refunded once you send your faulty PSU back.

• 3 months later...
I recently bought a RM1000i and came with a lot of whine. Most noticeably during high CPU or GPU usages.

I sent a video to the corsair support via a ticket and explained I wasn't willing to live with this whine for 7 years (warranty time), and they replaced my unit ASAP. It was quite a seamless swap. The replacement is ultra quiet, literally no whine at all.

gr8! still doesn't help whatsoever in determining what caused the coil whine in the first unit though

Archived