Corsair Community

Dark Core RGB SE Mouse Snap/Jump

FlyByTim

Hello all,

I am having issues with my Dark Core RGB SE mouse when I updated to v3.08. I get odd mouse snapping. Not often, but it's noticeable. It will jump or snap it's position an inch or two across the monitor as if there was some micro lag.

I updated to this firmware twice. I use a USB 3.0 port on my keyboard so it's close, but not too close to the receiver with little interference. I have a beefy rig i7 6700k, 16 gb DDR4 ram, GTX 1080, so it's not my computer struggling or anything.

It's most noticeable in the game Escape from Tarkov, but I notice it out of the game too.

Anyone else have this issue? Or perhaps a fix?

Thanks!

It could just be an issue with Radio Frequency Interference. These days there are devices everywhere that emit radio frequencies like a router. You could try moving the receiver closer to your mouse using the extender, or changing which usb port you're using. If it feels especially bad, replugging your receiver should reset which band it's connected on and hopefully find a better one.

Thanks for the suggestion, but I tried all USB ports and it will still jump. Usually jumps to corner of the screen. No freezing or anything, just jumps. So in a game like an FPS, my vision will just turn randomly.

Is there no way to just get the v0.33 download? I had 0 issues with that firmware.

• 3 weeks later...

Registered here to follow this issue, I'm having the exact same problem every couple of minutes. And I'm noticing it using Windows normally, not just in games.

The wireless receiver is positioned on the desk in front of it, if it was any closer it would basically be a wired mouse. Firmware says it's v3.08. Is there a fix incoming for this?

• 2 weeks later...
Also curious about this myself. It's happening to me wireless and wired.

I think it stopped for me when it was wired, as I think it switches from the wireless protocol at that point. Can't check as I hit a dead end with support and decided to return it. Shame as I liked the ergonomics of the mouse, but the wireless performance is rubbish.

Same here, this is the issue I have tried to explain in the topic I started early today.

So far I've noticed only in wireless mode (the dongle is in my k95 near the mice, but I have also tried to plug it directly into the case).

It accours every 5-10 minutes, more noticeable in games, but I can spot it also in normal use such as web browsing.

• 1 month later...
glitch warping mouse pointer is a feature is it not? seems to so reliably do it that you'd have to be blind to miss that during product testing.. i get it all the time, tried everything, every port, ever position etc and it doesnt matter

This issue happens when there is interference with the wifi signal. If you live in a wifi congested area you might want to consider non-wireless mice or plug in the Dark Core.

Try replugging the wireless dongle sometimes this helps.

In the next thread of the forum related to the same issue i already answered that i don't have any of wi-fi networks except of mine and it works at 5Ghz thant not interfered with 2.4Ghz mouse receiver. And i don't have any other 2.4Ghz devices near my PC. And interference clearly is not the cause of this problem.

recently a friend and i both bought the dark core se and have been having issues with it snapping to the top right corner of the screen also mousewheel down being triggered 20 times instantaniously. both generally happen hourly, dongle is very close firmware and cue are up to date. at least im not alone with this issue.

have been having issues with it snapping to the top right corner of the screen

Top right? I am and another people have snapping to top left corner.

I found that this happens because CUE/iCUE loses for unknown reasons mouse connection and tying to reinit the mouse and profile which leads to this snapping.

• 3 months later...
My mouse was doing some thing very similar. The mouse would randomly jump positions and select something. While playing Pubg I would be running then loooking at the sky without moving the mouse. I have tried playing with every setting in the cue software. I thought it might be the mouse pad but after switching that out also I determined it was a wireless inference issue after gaming with the cable plugged in and having no trouble. I believe the issue is my wireless charging pad. It was a cheap one from amazon. I have not had any problems since disconnecting the wireless charger.

Wanted to chime in with my experience:

I started playing Dragon Age: Inquisition again, and I noticed after a bit that my mouse would jump an extra 90 degrees when panning the camera, or running in a new direction by itself. After a lot of troubleshooting, I managed to fix the issue by addressing two issues:

1) Game was using VSync, and I discovered the game was rather laggy in response to mouse and key entries. Solved by disabling in-game VSync, and forcing Fast Sync via driver profile, in conjunction with RTSS frame capping to maxfps-0.1, which in my case is 59.987. Game is much more responsive, mouse jumping was far less severe, but still happened, which led to...

2) Cleaning my cloth Thermaltake Dasher pad. (To test, I swapped in a Ratpadz) Apparently the residue build-up on the pad was causing tracking issues. Wiped it down with warm water and some dish soap, and a sponge. Let dry overnight. Tracking is solid again.

EDIT: Issue came back. After further testing with other hardware, it turns out it's the game's camera panning.

Edited by Apophis3

• 1 month later...

I was experiencing this issue. Thanks to other users, I determined it was only when using the iCUE software. Unfortunately, I have the Corsair wireless headset and the software improves my user experience.

HOWEVER: after the last update to iCUE, which also seemed to have included a related firmware upgrade for my mouse, I am no longer experiencing the issue. It now behaves just as well wirelessly as it does when wired.

Version software version 3.8.91, for anyone else experiencing the issue and wondering what's going on.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Guys, I have reported this issue here in the past...

It all happened after the firmware update... before the firmware update, everything was fine. Wired and Wireless...

But I made the mistake of updating the firmware, the mouse worked fine in wired, but in wireless, my pointer would jump randomly making me not be able to use it in games...

Corsair support is Trash. They copy and paste the same old generic solution like they don't read what you say.... (HAVE YOU TRIED UPDATING ICUE? HAVE YOU TRIED UPDATING THE FIRMWARE)? ...

Bitch, did you not read what I ****ing wrote? If you did, you wouldn't be asking if I updated or not.. WOW...

So yeah, since I couldn't find out how to downgrade the firmware, the mouse went straight in the trash can where it belongs, along with my corsair water cooler. I replaced all my corsair stuff with something else, I do not deal with trash over here :D.

I hope this helps !