Corsair Community

M65 (scroll-wheel-click issue 2x) upgrade to M65 PRO RGB

Using my first M65 Military Green since 2014 and my second "attempt" around early 2016 I gave up about the middle-mouse-click issue and still use the model on every title I don´t feel the need to use that randomly functional button.

I´ve seen the new PRO RGB model (sadly not military green...) and like the new sniper button position, BUT I´m a bit concerned if the middle-button will die on me early once again and make me salty about the purchase.

Is the new model more sturdy than the previous ones so I´ll don´t have to switch over to my secondary mouse with working middle-click?

Cause 1-6 months is a really low lifetime for a not really often used button...

Besides that issue I really like the design and grip of the M60/65 series a lot more than most others I had yet.

Well, I find this issue in many private reviews,

even on the other Models too ("Sabre" etc.)

The weak (or faulty sensitive) switch of the whole line-up

is a known problem for people who fix their mouses instead of letting your warranty line run hot...

Please just improve the mentioned switch for the wheel instead of telling people of not knowing that problem.

(I have read this phrase more than a bunch of times in this forum and the problem MANY times in Amazon reviews too)

I´ll just solder out this tact-switch and change it for a better model.

An it-technican compared it to some competitors tact-switches and it´s just bad...

I still love the mouse and appreciate the product itself and it´s sturdiness, but the mentioned component is just garbage it seems.

Edited by Fennek_Kaipii

• 3 months later...

Hi, I'm also wondering if there's been any upgrades regarding the scroll button.

I have a M45 mouse. The middle button stopped registering clicks most of the time. I don't game often but when I do I use middle button for jumps so it's probably my second most used mouse button in game.

Apparently, a lot of people also have problems with Corsair's scroll buttons.

I've had the same issue with random cheap mice too, but I expected more from Corsair. According to reddit the middle button has just a low grade switch, unlike the other buttons.

Maybe someone brave who has the M65 Pro and an older variant of it (like M60 or M45) could take them apart and tell us if M65 Pro uses a different mechanism for the middle button?

I loved this mouse, it's nice, good sized (although I'd prefer even a bit smaller). It doesn't lit up like a Christmas tree or have immature drawings all over it, it looks professional and mature. It's pretty much the only mouse on the market with an original design. Looks can be deceiving though. :[pouts:

Edited by DMT

• 4 years later...

Hello, I've bought a M65 pro RGB in 2019 and had it (the middle mouse button click) break on me medio 2020. Contacted Corsair about this and got send a new one without any hassle (so nothing to complain in that regard). So here I was completely happy again with a brand new working mouse, only to have the replacement break on me again today with the exact same issue. Everything still works except for the middle mouse button click. The fact that I had 2 of the exact same mice break on me in the exact same way almost exactly in the same time span, combined with the fact that it has been almost 5 years since the first post here, doesn't really convince me into thinking corsair is going to address any of these issues but instead will just keep on sending out new mice whenever one breaks (Correct me if I'm wrong though).

Anyway I don't really mind this because in the end the customer get's a replacement and is back up and running again, but it's just sad to see all of these otherwise perfectly working mice going to waste. :[pouts:

• 2 weeks later...
  • Corsair Employee
Hello, I've bought a M65 pro RGB in 2019 and had it (the middle mouse button click) break on me medio 2020. Contacted Corsair about this and got send a new one without any hassle (so nothing to complain in that regard). So here I was completely happy again with a brand new working mouse, only to have the replacement break on me again today with the exact same issue. Everything still works except for the middle mouse button click. The fact that I had 2 of the exact same mice break on me in the exact same way almost exactly in the same time span, combined with the fact that it has been almost 5 years since the first post here, doesn't really convince me into thinking corsair is going to address any of these issues but instead will just keep on sending out new mice whenever one breaks (Correct me if I'm wrong though).

Anyway I don't really mind this because in the end the customer get's a replacement and is back up and running again, but it's just sad to see all of these otherwise perfectly working mice going to waste. :[pouts:

That is unfortunate to hear you had two separate mice with similar issues after a year's worth of use each time. We continue to make improvements to all of our devices to ensure they can be used reliably for years. I'd recommend reaching out to our support team, they can assist you with a replacement, and get you back up and running soon.

https://support.corsair.com/