Corsair Community

Help with my AX860i

radicaldoc

2 or 3 weeks ago i bought a AX860i Certified Refurbished..

But i am having a big problem it keeps switching off for no reason messing my PC and hard drives up. This is not on a large load just normal running when it does this it wont fire up again until a while later when you HAVE to remove the power cable leave out for while then when you plug it in again it will fire up untill it decides to do it again sometime many times a day other time two or three times a day..

Can you help me sort this out please?

2 or 3 weeks ago i bought a AX860i Certified Refurbished..

But i am having a big problem it keeps switching off for no reason messing my PC and hard drives up. This is not on a large load just normal running when it does this it wont fire up again until a while later when you HAVE to remove the power cable leave out for while then when you plug it in again it will fire up untill it decides to do it again sometime many times a day other time two or three times a day..

Can you help me sort this out please?

Having read the other thread now and the sticky on the screw situation it looks like mine is same as the others... :sigh!:

i dont understand why Corsair arn't warning more people about this problem..:(:

Having read the other thread now and the sticky on the screw situation it looks like mine is same as the others... :sigh!:

i dont understand why Corsair arn't warning more people about this problem..:(:

See if removing the one screw by the power plug help currently running my refurbished model that way with no problems so far

http://i64.tinypic.com/alkc9g.png

See if removing the one screw by the power plug help currently running my refurbished model that way with no problems so far

http://i64.tinypic.com/alkc9g.png

thanks i will do that as soon as i can i just dont understand why i wasn't warned about this by Corsair and if they did i din't see it there should be a big yellow sticker warning people..

thanks i will do that as soon as i can i just dont understand why i wasn't warned about this by Corsair and if they did i din't see it there should be a big yellow sticker warning people..

The reason corsair doesnt "warn" people is because they haven't recognized this as a problem as of yet. When people were first having issues they never came out on the forums to inform anyone on the issue or the cause. They haven't even given actual figures on the number of failures, all they say is that the AX760i and 860i failures are very isolated issues.

Now when i was dealing with my rma with my AX760i, I spoke with a corsair tech who confirmed that the AX760i had an issue with the stock screws hitting the substrate of the PSU and causing issues. I asked him if 860i had the same issue since it is based off the same architecture and he informed me that it was isolated to the AX760i only and that it had been revised in later batches.

When I received my Refurbished AX860i, close inspection determined that the problem wasn't just isolated to the 760.

In the sticky post JohnyGuru said he would open an AX760i to see the screw clearances but he never got back to the post, pretty sure a forum troll ran him off for a while.

Now reading the forums you will find several posts about people having issues with these units, just keep in mind you most likely wouldn't be here if you weren't having a problem yourself, not very many people come to the forums to scream to the people about how awesome their power supply is.

To put this into numbers for you, If 9 people come to the forums to complain but corsair has actually sold 900, thats only 1%, (i pulled these number out of thin air, corsair hasn't given actual numbers as of yet) Just somthing to keep in mind when people come on here say that every AXi psu has issues.

This post is of my own opinion based off what i have read and discovered myself and if there is statistics on the failures i couldn't find them in any of my many searches.

Nice. thats great news i think we are onto somthing, JonnyGuru got back to me in the Screw Post that at the top with picture and comformation that the scre in question would hit the circuit board in the PSU

Bad news.. 3 days it lasted till it went tits up again thats me done with Corsair they know about the problem refuse to warn anyone about it.I reckon i can see the damage to the board through the hole.. And quietly stop making them i feel sorry for anyone who buys any second hand it's all wrong..

I won't deal with a company like these.... I have loads od corsair stuff including expencive tower etc..well i'm done with em no more..

thay have lost a good customer...

I reckon they need taking to court about it ripping folk off this is a lot of money for me I have just bought a EVGA Supernova 850 G3.. That is performing well.

:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Check out Post #2 here. But I'm surprised this issue would still not be resolved after all this time.

http://forum.corsair.com/forums/showthread.php?t=142281

He had a refurbished unit, its quite possible that its one of the early units.

I was talking to Corsair tech support and they told me the screw issue was corrected as well but with out lot codes we will never know.

He had a refurbished unit, its quite possible that its one of the early units.

I was talking to Corsair tech support and they told me the screw issue was corrected as well but with out lot codes we will never know.

SKU : CP-9020037-NA/RF

LOT # 160403459.

I bought this as a sealed box as new from a guy on Ebay.. when i spoke to technical for possible RMA i was basicly told to clear off.

Nice people eh!!

932589315_IMG_20190221_090819(Medium).thumb.jpg.1220e5083fb1a3be4df31165f95f977e.jpg

851370040_IMG_20190221_090854(Medium).thumb.jpg.f0bc5edcb7bd3f52121e8f928f60fd4f.jpg

Archived