Corsair Community

Corsair Link: The Longest Running Joke In PC History!

Speed_Deamon

A week ago I replaced my 4 year old H60i (which had lost some coolant to evaporation over time) with a new H80i V2. It's a terrific piece of hardware!

Unfortunately, the software causes my system to reboot randomly and consistently, every 6-8 hours. Like some invisible finger pressing the reset button!

After days of tearing my hair out trying to figure out the problem, I finally killed the c-link task and whadaya know?! No more reboots! Now I come to find that this is very common and has been going on for YEARS!

I had to register here and share my disgust at the lack of attention Corsair pays to major software bugs! I'll be using ASUS AI Suite to control the pump and fans and when I need my next water cooling solution, it won't be a Corsair!

I'll be using ASUS AI Suite to control the pump

AFAIK ASUS AI Suite can't control the H80iV2 pump speed.

If you have ASUS AI Suite active you should not use any other sensor monitoring programs active as it is poorly engineered an fails to use the Global\Access_ISABUS.HTP.Method + Global\Access_SMBUS.HTP.Method + Global\Access_EC + etc. named mutexes to interlock access to the sensors. If you were doing this it could be the root cause of the system reboots.

That said I agree that Corsair Link is not of an acceptable quality.

AFAIK ASUS AI Suite can't control the H80iV2 pump speed.

Correct. What I meant to say was, "...to control the pump's fans."

If you have ASUS AI Suite active you should not use any other sensor monitoring programs active. If you were doing this it could be the root cause of the system reboots.

After I discovered the cause was C-Link, I thought maybe there might have been the conflict you suggest, so I killed AI Suite and ran C-Link. 3 hours later, the invisible finger pushed the reset button.

That said I agree that Corsair Link is not of an acceptable quality.

Mmm Hmm... And whose is the "poorly engineered" one really, then?

Mmm Hmm... And whose is the "poorly engineered" one really, then?

Both are poorly engineered, but for different reasons.

As AI Suite fails to use locks I can't safely use it so don't. This means that I can't sensibly comment on it's overall quality.

CL4 uses locks, but using a binary semaphore rather than a mutex is also poor engineering, see http://forum.corsair.com/forums/showthread.php?p=854006.

Given the number of issues I have reported in CL4 then the implementation and testing quality is not to an acceptable standard. I suspect many of the issues stem from a poor design.

Archived