Corsair Community

Commander Mini - Fan Control with Temperature Probes

AlphaBravo

I have read a couple of posts that state the Commander Mini is not able to control the fans that are plugged into the Mini based on the temperatures reported from the temperature probes. Is this because the newer Corsair Link software doesn't support this, or is it because the Commander Mini does not support this feature as advertised (see below)?

From Corsair's website page for the Commander Mini - "Manage fan speeds individually, set up customized cooling profiles, or program fans to respond to changes in ambient temperature – the choice is yours."

I have two systems, with two Commander Minis, and different three pin fans in each system, and in both systems, the fans do not respond to changes in the temperature probe(s). I am currently running 3.1.5525.

When I look at the custom curve (under the fan tab), when the temperature probe temp goes up, the line on the fan curve graph does not do anything. In other words, it doesn't move.

Is anyone else experiencing fans that don't respond to changes in the temperature probe temps?

• 7 months later...

More embarrassing is the fact that this continues to be a problem 7+ months after officially being acknowledged.

I just installed a Commander Mini for the sole purpose of controlling fan speed using the temperature probes, completely unaware that this simple feature was broken. Looks like I should have done a bit more research.

Is there any chance of this actually getting fixed?

More embarrassing is the fact that this continues to be a problem 7+ months after officially being acknowledged.

For the full story see http://forum.corsair.com/forums/showthread.php?t=134621 which is over 12 moths old.

Looking at http://forum.corsair.com/forums/showthread.php?p=810730 you should be able to use probe 4 with CL.

Unlike SIV CL does not have a work-a-round and I am at a loss as to why Corsair have not implemented one given that CoolIT have not fixed the firmware in a timely manor.

Archived