Corsair Community

H100i Corsair Link Issues

GregSC2

Question:

I am having issues getting Corsair Link to show my H100i. It does show up in device manager and Devices and Printers. Can anyone help me out?

I really want to update the firmware on the device as well as get some information about it.

System Specifications:

Motherboard: EVGA Z87 Stinger Haswell

CPU: Intel Core i7-4770K

Video: EVGA GTX 670 FTW

SSD: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB

Cooler: Corsair Hydro H100i

RAM: G.SKILL Ripjaw X 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR3 1600

Software Procedure:

1. Fresh windows install

2. Download and install all latest drivers from EVGA Z87 Stinger support page

3. Install GTX 670 latest drivers

4. Install Corsair Link

Hardware Notes:

1. Plugged in Corsair Link cable to only USB 2.0 header on the motherboard

2. Attached 2 fans to the block using provided connector

Driver Notes:

1. "Integrated USB Bridge" is present in "Devices and Printers"

2. Found the corresponding "HID-compliant device" and "USB Input Device" in device manager containing the hardware ID's 'HID\VID_1B1C&PID_0C04' and 'HID\VID_1B1C&PID_0C04&REV_0200'

try checking your current .net framework since this is a fresh win 7 install.,,also try a cold boot and then if no go,,try another header...and remove usb devices to check such as flash drives,,electronic mouses,keyboards and such

Managed to get it to work if i unplug every usb device(right now only KB/mouse). Then unplugging it from the pump and replugging.

Unfortunately the minute i add any usb device to any plug on the pc, it loses its connection. At least i was able to update the firmware this way.

I'm using the Obsidian 250D so everything is already tight as it is. I will give the rear port a try, but it isnt really a permanent solution.

Other than updating the firmware, I am not that interested in monitoring the live information anyway. At least I know the unit is not defective, but it is more a problem w/ sharing a USB hub. It seems like the H100i has retained the settings I applied when it was working.

Am I missing out on anything important by not having the Corsair Link features? Can I just unplug the USB thing on the motherboard?

you dont need the software at all,its just to fine tune your preferences

you can just connect the hydro and itll run in its balanced [mid] mode...

This is what I do with my H100i, I put on a new system build back in Dec. I have Windows 8.1 and after reading all the issues, decided not to go with the Link software. Well I did try the software one time, would not work, then read about all the issues on this forum so uninstalled and deleted all references to it.

Cooler is performing flawless for me so far in it's balanced mode with my 4.50 ghz overclock.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived