Corsair Community

Corsair tower equivalent to Air 540/740 cooling

Exarian

Hey guys,

In the market for a new case and I am wondering if Corsair has a mid ATX tower which roughly matches the Air 540/740 cooling potential. I'd take the either but in order for it to work I'd need to set it up as a satellite tower about 15 feet away since it's too big for my desk and the costs to make this happen are, well, not that great even though I think it'd be a great project.

So I'm reaching out for suggestions which can suitably mount a 280mm H110i to the front and can improve upon what I currently experience with my S340 with a budget of ~$200 CAD.

• Corsair Employee
Hey guys,

In the market for a new case and I am wondering if Corsair has a mid ATX tower which roughly matches the Air 540/740 cooling potential. I'd take the either but in order for it to work I'd need to set it up as a satellite tower about 15 feet away since it's too big for my desk and the costs to make this happen are, well, not that great even though I think it'd be a great project.

So I'm reaching out for suggestions which can suitably mount a 280mm H110i to the front and can improve upon what I currently experience with my S340 with a budget of ~$200 CAD.

You can check out our 500D case

So the 540 is too big? I am going to assume too wide (footprint). Mid-size tower is such a generic moniker.

The other trick is the 280mm front mount radiator. I certainly understand 280mm compatible. Front mount will really cut down on the number of mid-size towers as this tends to be a slightly narrower design precluding the 280 on the front rail. However, as soon as I read that I thought of the Corsair 400C or 400Q. You can front mount the 280. Mid size. Clean lines.

The other catch is not many cases will have the pure airflow abilities of the 540/740, mostly because the solid front shield is back and popular on new cases. The 400C/Q has this as well with side venting. Is it a drastic obstacle to front radiator cooling? I don't think so and there aren't people showing here with complaints about that, but I don't own one either so I can't make direct comparisons. As an owner of 2 540s and a 740, I like my direct intake/exhaust ports very much and it was always part of my design plan. Not sure committed you are to total airflow vs noise restriction vs a balance between them.

Archived