Corsair Community

Corsair One Pro Ti - ORDERED

sinpapa

Yup...after much deliberation and instead of building a system from scratch I decided to fork out and order myself C1 Pro Ti and ordered from our local supplier here in Australia...I'm time poor now so spending time and research what's new in the market and putting it all together is too time consuming now.

So I've come across this forum and there's quite a bit of issues...I guess you would only read information here if user had issues.

Correct me if I'm wrong, was there some sort of recall on the C1 Pro Ti not too long ago? If there was, is there a certain batch number that I should be aware of?

Hopefully system arrives in the next couple of days...

Any feedback would be great...

Thanks all.

Yes, there have been issues for some sadly.

Faulty LOT batch is 1725 to 1731, so check the LOT number on side of box when it arrives.

If you get a bad or faulty one, problems are random reboots, not booting up, screen going grey, blue or blank, or noisy fans.

If you get a good working one, you will be stunned. 1080ti is quick, and the BIOS allows for overclocking CPU and GPU, although by all accounts the CPU seems to run hot when pushed. Unconfirmed rumour was lack of enough thermal paste applied, but you will not want to de-lid it within that nice warranty period!

I have always built my own units in the past, didn’t want to this time, but,... boy, I could have made as powerful a PC, but it would not be this aesthetic.

I still can’t believe how small it is!!!!

You will probably be shocked when you take out of box....

Good luck

Kevin

SOULFIRER

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 scotland

so after a few days testing and installing things here and there...everything thing seems fine and working well.

Other than few things that aren't too much of a worry things are well.

I've only started playing a couple of games, Need for Speed and FiFa 18...

Haven't really pushed the system yet. It's been awhile since I've been into gaming and system specs so a lot has changed in terms of settings.

Not sure how much I can push things...though I do notice when gaming the heat readings definitely do go up but I'll keeping a watching of things.

As others have said, push the settings but keep an eye on CPU temps.

If you are into gaming (as I am, particularly VR using an HTC Vive), you may want to check that BIG windows update you mentioned.

Microsoft’s new Windows 10 Fall Creators Update adds an extra layer of processing complexity to try and handle Direct X.

It is having a big negative impact on gamers rigs. Slows it down.

Some gamers (particularly VR ones) are reverting (you only have c 10 day’s to do this), or are deferring the update.

On a C1 using Windows Home rather than Pro, only defended you have us to try and trigger the ‘metered WIFI’ setting in control panel to try and stop the update.

Google it on Reddit or similar for background.

My replacement 1080ti machine seems to be working perfectly, although I have not yet used rear DP ports.

Kevin

Scotland 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿

Wow, thanks for the tip Kevin...yeah I noticed that big update from Windows and really didn't pay too much attention to it.

As of now, I've put my 2016 Surface Pro and C1 start and boot into Windows...The C1 is ahead by only a few seconds. I was actually a little surprised. I was expected C1 to boot like instantly...maybe I just had damn high expectations

Now the other question I'd like to ask the graphics gurus is regarding the GPU. I'll try and phrase in an intelligent way...I've been out of PC gaming for over 10 years so I'm still trying to grasp on what's changed.

So my C1 has a 1080ti card...currently I just have a Dell 1080p monitor which I'm not too fussed about, though I intend to upgrade and recently come across articles relating to Acer and Asus bringing out their new 4k Gsync IPS 144hz monitors...

Seems like these monitors will be the benchmark for 4k gaming in the years to come.

My question is, will the 1080ti be able to handle 4k gaming @ 144hz? If someone could shed some light or post something that I could have a read of that would be great. I'm contemplating waiting to see what the new monitors can actually do and reviews to be posted.

Some say 1080 Ti won't be able to handle it, others say it's not worth it, and then there's some say there's no content out there...I'm extremely confused...

Thanks again for those that have posted some feedback. Mucho gracius.!

I’m no expert on monitors, although with a C1 it makes sense to have a decent one to show it’s power.

Currently I only have an old 17” 1080p one, at 60htz !!

I know, Stone Age eh?

I investigated getting one to use with the C1 rear display ports, and looked like consensus was best bang for buck for performance may be sticking to a 144htz with G synch if possible, but staying clear of the top pricey 4k’s for now.

Don’t know, see what anyone else can offer....

I was looking at a 27” Dell at around the £350-400 price range. As I mainly got the C1 for its compact space and VR capability, interesting to hear people saying they might start to replace monitors in future.

Kevin

Scotland 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿

Okay... So now I've just seen the minimum specs for Final Fantasy XV Windows Edition... And C1 Pro ti just makes the cut...

Wow, I would have been extremely disappointed if it didn't.

Now just waiting on release of the new monitors due some time soon

• Corsair Employee
Got my Corsair one Pro ti this Christmas from AMAZON UK. Its an amazing machine and i have overclocked it since day 1 to 4.8GHz and GPU to +150 never had any issues or thermal problem

Glad to hear, feel free to reach out to us if you have any questions regarding your unit. :)

• Corsair Employee
Okay... So now I've just seen the minimum specs for Final Fantasy XV Windows Edition... And C1 Pro ti just makes the cut...

Wow, I would have been extremely disappointed if it didn't.

Now just waiting on release of the new monitors due some time soon

It'll be nice to run the game above 30FPS from its initial launch in 2016. Still a very pretty game imo. Would probably give it a test run on our C1 units.

Yup, overclocked mine with the bios to 4.8 also, CPU gets hotter but had no issues. Don’t think it’s worth going for the big 5, not played with voltages, not worth the hassle for now.

As the C1 GPU runs cooler, I again same as you have +

150 on the core clock, but only a +10 on the memory for now. I know they can take +400 or higher on memory, but would have to push the fans up and don’t want the noise at moment.

Once out of warranty, maybe de lid it and push harder, but it handles everything I need for now.

Overclock CPU in bios provided by MSI with Corsair One, or download MSI command centre.

Overclock GPU using MSI Afterburner.

Kevin

Archived