Corsair Community

Corsair HS1 Problems - Windows 7 x64

usefulidiot00

Hello. I purchased my HS1 headset about a year ago, and I have loved it, until now.

The initial problem happened a few months ago, when I noticed the Windows system sounds went away/sounded strange, and again tonight I noticed it when I was listening to a song and everything sounded off, vocals were drowned out and a guitar part was "missing" [the part in the song is fully panned to the left channel]. Through trial and error I found that the "Balance" sliders in the Win7 audio device properties needed to be tweaked a bunch to get the sound I had been used to. Now, one would think that these sliders should be set to 100% for left and right, and use the master volume to adjust the volumes. Here is a screenshot of what I'm talking about:

http://i.imgur.com/bu4y5.png

Now as you can see in the screenshot, these sliders are set to strange levels because this is the only way I can get audio to sound proper/clear on the headset now. I also have tried setting the "LEFT" slider to max and the "RIGHT" slider to 0, and audio still comes through both speakers [wtf?] and vice versa. I have played around in the Corsair driver software as well, and that only makes matters worse. I am at a complete loss as to why this issue is happening, and so far through much troubleshooting all I can come up with is the balance adjustments. Again, in theory, these should be set to 100 and then the main volume control is used. I also tried uninstalling/reinstalling drivers and software to no avail.

I am disappointed that this headset was working flawlessly for such a long time then randomly this occurred. I also noticed some electrical "popping" noises through the speakers when this initially happened, so this could just come down to hardware failure. I would hope a reputable company like Corsair, whom I've trusted for so long and reccommended to many people, would be willing to repair or replace these. I'm not too sure about any warranties on this headset, but I will be looking into that next. Thanks to anyone who can help me out with this!

System Specs can be found here [link]:

http://valid.canardpc.com/cache/banner/1990525.png

• 3 months later...
  • Corsair Employee

I would suggest testing using our new 1.1 drivers which can be found under the download links. Also try using the head set with and without the drivers and see if the issue still occurs.

If you can test the headphones on another computer I would suggest that.

If the issue still remains please fill out an RMA request which can be found on the left side of the page.

Archived