Corsair Community

vengeance 2000 not charging, pc crashing

KleineBaasNL

first of all i really enjoy my headset but i ran into this problem

when i plug it in my pc to charge it wont do anything,

when i put it on the backside of my pc it will crash( this is not a major problem since i can use the front ports )

but it wont charge , not on any pc or any cable :(

it was working just fine few hours ago not its not anymore :(

(sorry for the new treat but the others didnt help)

What does the charging L.E.D. do?

Does it stay solid amber or start flashing or does nothing?

Have you tried a different charging cable? (MicroUSB)

yes it flashes a few times red/amber when i press the big button on the side and will make contact with the pc and then it disconects again... but when i connect the charging cable it does nothing i tried different pc's and different cables :)

i got to a friends house and brought my headset when i tried to plug it into his PC it immediately shut down too,

if i can solve this i might be able to charge it again not too sure though.

i need help ASAP i don't have a spare headset im broke and dont have a microphone so i cant play any games now :(

Have you tried one of those phone chargers with USB ports? Make sure the output is not over 5v.

It sounds like the headset has an issue with charging if you have tried it on another computer and it too crashes.

If you are still in warranty. (Two years from purchase date), request an RMA to replace the headset. Make sure you upload a picture of the invoice to the ticket.

Have you tried one of those phone chargers with USB ports? Make sure the output is not over 5v.

It sounds like the headset has an issue with charging if you have tried it on another computer and it too crashes.

If you are still in warranty. (Two years from purchase date), request an RMA to replace the headset. Make sure you upload a picture of the invoice to the ticket.

i think i might have found the problem but i need help solving it i think the headset has a short cirquit because i tried several times and i dont even gat an BSOD so i need a tutorial/manual to disassemble it, and yes i tried phone chargers.. no luck

i have no idea how to dissassemble the headset could you give me tips on that.

thanks for the reply and no i dont have warranty :)

Archived