Corsair Community

650D Firewire to Belkin F5U504 PCIE Card

TLBradbury

I got a Belkin F5U504 PCIE Firewire card to hook up my DV camera, but neither the manual for the card, nor the measly QSG for the case give any indication as to how to connect the two (neither the card nor cable in the case are keyed).

Since I really don't want to find out 'the hard way' which way is correct, is there anyone that can help me out?

Thanks!

The card will mount in an available PCI slot on your MB. They are keyed and will only go in one way.Bracket toward the back of the case and secured with a screw at the back I/O panel. Then you just plug you cable from the card to your camera. You will most likely have drivers to instal for the add in card.

But since this really isn't a case issue it would be best to contact the card manufacturer for further help if you need it or take it to a computer repair shop for installation..

I think I can manage installing a card, thank you. I meant that the internal header (on the card) and the cable (from the case) are not keyed. I was hoping that someone from Corsair might be able to track down somebody in-house that actually knew what the pin configuration on the cable was so I could connect it properly before accidentally frying something. This could have been avoided by actually documenting the product instead of just an exploded parts diagram.

Do you hear me, Corsair??? DOCUMENTATION?!?!?

And don't even get me STARTED on the LINK system...

Thanks to John in tech support for kindly pointing out that what I had mistaken for a header is in fact a floppy power connector (yes I felt like an idiot, but I will get over it). The internal connector is actually another 6-pin female connector (same as external connectors).

The reason I am posting this is to explain to anyone that has the same problem that I have ordered this cable to adapt the card to the connector from the case front panel. Should be here soon - will post results then!

Archived