Corsair Community

TX750 V2 750W PSU does not handle load

radman3d

At times my system will crash under load. It has been very hard to pin point the issue, but it is finally beginning to look like the PSU is the cause. Using TOverclocking HW Monitor all the voltages dip way too low at times (Min) and at some point the computer will just shut down. I wish there was some way I can be very sure of this. All HW monitor programs except TOverclocker (came with MB) show 12 volts at just under 4 volts. I have always thought it was a MB sensor issue, but now I am not so sure. Does anyone here know of a way to be sure the PSU is bad? The computer boots fine and I can surf the Internet. If I run Prime95 overnight it will not be on in the morning. The computer is not overclocked so this is not the issue.

I wish there was some way I can be very sure of this. All HW monitor programs except TOverclocker (came with MB) show 12 volts at just under 4 volts

You computer wouldn't even start at anything much less than 10.5v so this reading is totally wrong.

At this point it would really be best to see if you can get a hold of a multimeter and start the PSU with a paperclip and get accurate voltage readings.

It could very well be the MB just as easily not regulating voltages the way it should. Once power is applied to it, then the MB is responsible for regulating those voltages.

You might even try to re-seat all of your cables to be sure it's just not a loose connection causing this either.

Archived