Corsair Community

CMX8GX3M4A1333C9 Random blue screens & restarts, works with only 4gb

Mikav84

Hi there

Just built a new system, and like the topic says: im getting random blue screens & restarts. If i take 2 of the sticks out, the system works. I've ran memtest ( windows memory diagnostics on all the sticks, no troubles.

Im guessing it's a voltage/timing thing perhaps? Any help would be appriciated.

I've already successfully ran memtest on 1333 with all 4 sticks in, as well as separately. I'm running setup defaults already, too. Would it still be of use to drop it down to 1066?

I bought these sticks just because they are reported as verified in the list the motherboard producer has. Seems strange that i'd be required to drop the speed down.

Thanks for the help.

• Corsair Employee

They should be able to run at full speed but it may be the CPU causing the limit here. can you test them in another system?

If you want to try and replace them please use the link on the left and request an RMA and we can try replacing them.

Thanks for your continued assistance.

I really absolutely cant send them back until im completely certain theres a physical problem with the memory, since i have to work on this machine day in and day out, and just cant afford to take a week or so off. Im guessing since it's an 8gb set, i'd have to send the whole 8gb back.

The processor is also brand new, i5 2500. The whole system is brand new. It's been working perfectly with various software for over 50 hours now, with only 4gb in.

I thought XMP would help with correct settings, but i cant find it in the bios. I've also heard that there are some voltage values that have helped people on somewhat similar situations. Am i misinformed here?

• Corsair Employee

These modules are tested at 1.5 Volts, and the CPU you have is only rated at 1.5 Volts for memory, thus I am sorry I am not allowed to tell you to over volt the CPU or MB. That would have to be your choice.Sorry!

And I do agree with you for the most part but under the circumstance I am not sure we have another choice, you can get the RMA then once you have the RMA# contact our customer service and ask them for an advanced replacement if you like.

The memory you have may not be bad or failing it may be that the Memory controller on your CPU is a little picky and maybe in this configuration is not stable and replacing them may help to solve or isolate if its the memory or not.

Archived