Corsair Community

Corsair One - 1080ti Initial Thoughts

Aetherios

This forum is nearly inactive, but for people interested in purchasing a One I figured I would post my initial thoughts and experiences, and encourage anyone else to do the same.

• Shipping was fast, and well done. The box arrived firmly in tact, well handled, from Hong Kong to New York City in 3 days. Once inside the cardboard shipping box, the actual Corsair One box is comically complicated. I got so pissed at the design I had to watch someone elses unboxing to figure the bastard out. #Ipersisted
  • Once inside, its literally just the One, a power cable, and the two antenna for the wifi card. Initial though: holy crap this thing is small. About the size of a cereal box up and down, this thing looks downright tiny on my desk. Huzzah!
  • I plug everything in and... nothing. Good God. There are 1001 horror stories on this site, and now I am one of them. I cycle through 3 HDMI cables before finally giving up. I try again after work and VOILA! Its magically working. God only knows. Thing will probably explode tomorrow, but its working now!
  • Setup is a breeze. Lots of Windows updates, ran all the download utilities, and grabbed the most up to date stable release from nVidia for teh 1080ti. Initial benchmarks are pretty nuts.
  • When they upgraded tot he NVME drives, I assuemd they'd use Corsair MP500s which have had a middling reception by the reviewing community. Instead I got a 512gb Samsung 961. LOL. Needless to say the thing is insanely fast. Boot time: 4 seconds. Going to start doing some video editing tomorrow, will get a sense of the thing under load then.
  • The thing is loud. Well, not loud. But its not 20 decibels. If I cared I would sue these boaty sons of guns for false advertisement. In all seriousness it idles / games rather quietly - someone in the room reading would not be bothered, and if youre wearing a headset you obviously wont notice. Things kicked up a bit with Unigine, but not absurdly so.
  • Shipped with all sorts of audio/visual artifacts. Audio seems to be fixed now with new drivers, but the visual artifacts when browsing remain. Had to disable hardware acceleration as a stopgap, assume a new nVidia driver will solve (maybe?)

I am hoping Corsair starts approving local servicers soon - I want to have the 7700K delidded so I can crank up the OC. Why Corsair didnt just delid the thing themselves is beyond me - would have saved them a lot of money in RMAs from people pissed about the cooling situation. I have the GPU at +175mhz right now and that thing stays very cool (maxed at 65 during Unigine).

Overall the thing is pretty boss. The out of the box issues with the display out concern me, though maybe it was just a one off. Time will tell! Share your experiences below!

I just received my PRO as well and I am having some issues. I have the start up issue that you posted in the other Thread. It took me a few tries and I finally got it running with the CMOS reset on the third try. This morning it took me two tries to get it to boot, I'm very confused as what this could be but if it gets better then I won't worry about it. The issue that I am having now is whenever I do get it to boot the screen randomly blinks on me. As in goes black and then comes back usually for a few seconds but it did last over 5 minutes yesterday. I spent all day working on this thing trying to update all the drivers was a task and a half. The other issue that I am having is when playing videos I am getting terrible cracking and all sorts of noise none of it normal and also terrible artifacts while playing the video itself. Lastly both my keyboard (K70) and Mouse (Glaive) settings are not saving and randomly just stop displaying colors. I highly doubt its a issue with them seeing that on my roommates set up they work as advertised.

Any help would be great at this time. I know people are having issues with tickets and getting service so if one of the Corsair reps on here have any advice before I call this one in would be great.

I'm starting to think there is just something inherently wrong with the Corsair One lineup. I am experiencing the same boot up issue now as chronicled by so many (power button -> LED/Fan comes on, nothing on display). Opening a service ticket.

Edit: for anyone who wants to compare notes - the system is not posting when I turn it on and the LED lights/Fan spins up. A simple click of the power button shuts it down. There seems to be no rhyme or reason to whether 1 click or 50 will be needed to get this thing booted.

Edit 2: Ticket system is not accepting the serial number for my machine, so I cannot open a ticket. What on earth, Corsair?

I'm starting to think there is just something inherently wrong with the Corsair One lineup. I am experiencing the same boot up issue now as chronicled by so many (power button -> LED/Fan comes on, nothing on display). Opening a service ticket.

Edit: for anyone who wants to compare notes - the system is not posting when I turn it on and the LED lights/Fan spins up. A simple click of the power button shuts it down. There seems to be no rhyme or reason to whether 1 click or 50 will be needed to get this thing booted.

Yep same exact problem man. It seems that if you just leave it on the problems go away. I just ran StarCitizen and CSGO at high settings and not a single issue. Also switched to my Astro headsets and no issues with the sound that I have when using the NVIDIA audio.

I'm going to try leaving it on for a few hours and then try to shutdown and restart. If that fails I'll go the ticket route as well. Sad that we are having to deal with this. I really hope Corsair can figure this out because overall I say this system is outstanding.

As soon as I wrote this the blinking screen issue I was talking about earlier just came back. Only two blinks right now. For anyone else its an LG ultrawide and I've had no issues with this monitor runs my Xbox and my Mac perfectly. So I know its not the monitor.

Oh, I finally got it to boot up after a while. But its definitely not a stable solution if the system wont post 100% of the time. Fortunately I havent sold my MSI laptop yet, so I will be able to game in the mean time. No hold time at the 800 number if you want to go the RMA route right now.

For visuals - did you download the newest stable release of the driver from Nvidia's website? I could not get Time Spy to work properly until I both did a windows update and did grabbed new gpu drivers.

Oh, I finally got it to boot up after a while. But its definitely not a stable solution if the system wont post 100% of the time. Fortunately I havent sold my MSI laptop yet, so I will be able to game in the mean time. No hold time at the 800 number if you want to go the RMA route right now.

For visuals - did you download the newest stable release of the driver from Nvidia's website? I could not get Time Spy to work properly until I both did a windows update and did grabbed new gpu drivers.

I got a ticket from the support website, so we will see how that goes. I did get all my drivers updated as well. The issues we seem to be having are random in occurrence there is no rhyme or reason it just works sometimes and then doesn't. The start up is the biggest hassle though out of all my issues.

I'll call them Monday, luckily I have plans this weekend so it's not a complete bust for me, just really sucks this is happening. I know Corsair will make it better.

Side note I just ran another system test and when it was on the memory test it caused my screen to blink like crazy more so than what I normally see and it took the test almost 25 min to finish. It says it passed but now that has me thinking that could be some of the problem we are having, well at least on my system for the screen issues.

Yeah - the fact that it sometimes posts, sometimes doesnt is the confusing part. So the connectors for the power button must fine fine, the PSU is fine, ive run all sorts of stress tests and all components have passed with flying colors. I did just get this prompt when booting up (after my computer crashed when attempting to load Hearthstone of all things....)

20170811_181629.thumb.jpg.57409d426517204069afa91b6ab6ab6c.jpg

I am having the exact same issues with a 1080Ti/16GB system delivered yesterday. It will only boot with a valid video output about 25% of the time. I have gotten the same message as @Aetherios many times. Today I cannot get the machine to boot at all. Wonderful experience for a $3K machine. Seems like there is a massive problem with these new machines due to all the similar issues posted in this thread. I have a ticket opened and an RMA pending. I will give them one chance to repair it or it will be immediately returned. I can build my own machine for hundreds less and there are several cases available now with a similar footprint that are nearly as cool (Phanteks Evolv Shift). VERY DISAPPOINTED!!!

That error message seems to be related to having secure boot on from googling. Try turning secure boot off in the bios to see if it goes away. Settings->advanced->os management->secure boot.

I don't have that error message so I can't test to see if it fixes the problem.

That error message seems to be related to having secure boot on from googling. Try turning secure boot off in the bios to see if it goes away. Settings->advanced->os management->secure boot.

I don't have that error message so I can't test to see if it fixes the problem.

If I could reach that screen now I would. I've tried to get it to post in the last two days. Even with CMOS resets it won't do anything, even the LED won't come on some times, the only reason I know it is on is because the fan is spinning. I have my ticket and just waiting to hear back. I'm honestly wondering what the issue is at this point with as many units having this sort of issue I'm hoping Corsair will find the fix soon.

I ran into the same "no display" issue Friday evening after I first got my machine and created a separate post dedicated to the lack of display before I noticed folks responded in this thread. I think it'd make sense to use that dedicated thread if folks are willing to chime in there?

Archived