Corsair Community

H80i v2 one very hot tube and one cold

RedLemon

Is this part of the design or is mine faulty cuz a i7 3770k at stock voltages and stock turbo reach 105c tjc. One tube is quite hot and the other is room temp cold. The liquid gets to 41c when i ran prime95 for 30 minutes and kept on rising past that. There is heat coming from the rad but not as warm as the tube. It is securely fitted and i have made sure that there is no air pockets. My config is front faced with a push pull setup with 2 corsair ml 120pros. The max temp i saw the liquid go to after 2 hours of prime95 was 62c. Not to sure if my pump has died but i feel vibrations from the pump/aio and when i change the pump rpm from 2000 to 3000 i can hear the difference. But im concerned for my cpu and my aio to the point i dont trust turning it back on. I reapplied arctic mx 4 and temps did not change.

• 3 weeks later...
Blockage. You need to RMA it or replace with another cooler.

Hmm for some reason I ran the pump at extreme for a few weeks constant now and the blockage is "gone" both tubes are equally hot and liquid temps stay at 27c idle. I can feel heat coming from the heatsink now.

Archived