Corsair Community

corsair hydro h150i pro rgb Mounted infront

Hi!

I just want to start by saying that im so new to this and have No knowledge at all about how this work. I did not build my computer, the store i bought it from did.

My question is:

They mounted my corsair hydro h150i pro rgb at the front of my fractal design r6 chassi, shuldnt this be mounted ontop for best airflow? While gaming BF V with all the settings on low in 1440p i get a tempereature around 69-71.

Speccs are:

I7 8700

Gtx 1080ti OC 11Gb

Ram: 16GB rgb Led CL16 3200mhz

Samsung 500g b and 1tb ssd

Motherboard: asus rig strix z-370 Gaming

https://imgur.com/a/QQzjbEc

One more question while Im here asking, how do i easiest see if those Ram memory are CL16 3200mhz and not something different?

Sorry, will add better pictures when getting home. Early morning photage trying to not wake my kids.

Hi Buddy...

firstly... i have my H150i Front mounted in my 570x... it's not an issue for me..

http://i.imgur.com/3QxXdAll.jpg

as for the rest..

does that case take a 360 rad up top?. looks like there are 2 x 140mm fans up there?

and the Ram should appear in iCUE along with your H150i

Hey!

Is it doing its job properly then if mounted to the front? I dont even know if it add air or push it out? Because i see some ppl have theire fans pointing out from the chassi and not like you and i have, pointing otherway, in to the chassi?

If i shuld have the H-150i up top he had to remove something to be able to get it to fit there. I honestly dont know what kind of fans there are up top atm :(

But my temperature is set to automatic and it gets to around 69-71 while playing BF V. Isnt that a bit to high when having components like this?

Hi Dude

Hey!

Is it doing its job properly then if mounted to the front?

yes it would be working as intend in both front and top positions.

I font even know if it add air or push it out?

that's a personal thing and more for asthetics than performance. the gains are minimal really for your or indeed my build.. sure does look good though ;)

If i shuld have the H-150i up top he had to remove something to be able to get it to fit there. I honestly dont know what kind of fans there are up top atm :(

looks like you have drive cages in the way up top... as for the fans.. they look 140mm.. but it should say the model or maker on them?

But my temperature is set to automatic and it gets to around 69-71 while playing NF V. Somt that a bit to high when having components like this?

try playing with Fan Curves so they are more aggressive when gaming.. both case fans and GPU...

Hi Dude

yes it would be working as intend in both front and top positions.

that's a personal thing and more for asthetics than performance. the gains are minimal really for your or indeed my build.. sure does look good though ;)

looks like you have drive cages in the way up top... as for the fans.. they look 140mm.. but it should say the model or maker on them?

try playing with Fan Curves so they are more aggressive when gaming.. both case fans and GPU...

Hey!

Thanks for taking your time and helping me out. I now Downloaded Icue but i cant find anywhere were it says how much Mhz they are? i ordered CL16 DDR4 3200mhz and i just wanna be certain its the correct memory :)

Edit: Found it, could see it in Windows 10 and it said 3200mhz .

• 2 weeks later...
Hi Buddy...

firstly... i have my H150i Front mounted in my 570x... it's not an issue for me..

http://i.imgur.com/3QxXdAll.jpg

as for the rest..

does that case take a 360 rad up top?. looks like there are 2 x 140mm fans up there?

and the Ram should appear in iCUE along with your H150i

do you have commander pro?, if so where is it placed in the case?

Archived