Corsair Community

Corsair SP2500 and titanium HD

jack3

Hello, I recently just bought a titanium HD sound card and noticed the sound card doesn't have a stereo jack (that "lime green" jack) but has a Left and Right jack instead. And the SP2500 only came with a L and R plug to a stereo plug cable.

So just taking a guess with the cable, I decided to plug the stereo plug into the AUX jack on the sub and plug the L and R plug into the sound card. And then switch to AUX1 on the remote.

It works and I get sound, but is that the correct way to do it or do I need to buy another cable.

Hi Jack3,

Useally the the AUX jack is for amplifiers like a home theatre systems or USB DACs.

I can not see how this way is incorrect, but if you are really worried you should get a LR to LR cable just to make sure you get great quality sound. If the sound is up to your expectations I would not worry about it.

Your way is perfectly fine. I have the same speakers and sound card. I used RCA to RCA male jacks for the X-Fi Titanium. For the speakers' AUX jack, I plugged in my second sound card with its 1/8" stereo mini plug to the Sp2500's Aux port.

Hello, I recently just bought a titanium HD sound card and noticed the sound card doesn't have a stereo jack (that "lime green" jack) but has a Left and Right jack instead. And the SP2500 only came with a L and R plug to a stereo plug cable.

So just taking a guess with the cable, I decided to plug the stereo plug into the AUX jack on the sub and plug the L and R plug into the sound card. And then switch to AUX1 on the remote.

It works and I get sound, but is that the correct way to do it or do I need to buy another cable.

Archived