Corsair Community

Vengeance 1300 and ASUS Xonar DX Performance

frederkj

Hi

I have just purchased the Vengeance 1300 gaming headset after reading some good reviews. I have also just purchased the ASUS Xonar DX sound card also after reading good reviews.

After setting up and trying out the headset I was very disappointed in the sound quality/volume of the 1300 especially after trying out another headset ( Aerial7 Tank ) and getting unbelievably superior sound from the latter.

After some research i discovered that the ASUS Xonar DX does not have an onboard headset AMP.

Now, i am by no means placing the blame on the Vengeance 1300 headset but rather suspect some incompatiblity between the soundcard and headset.

My question is, can i use a headphone amp with my setup? After picking up that headset with a 32 ohm impedance generally does not need an amp, i am very hesitant about forking out extra cash to buy a headphone amp and finding out that it would make no difference in the sound sound quality/volume.

• Corsair Employee
Sound is always going to be subjective, therefore, it would be hard for me to tell you whether you'll get good performance out of an amp. Also to be fair, the Aerial 7 headphones were designed to be for audio devices whereas the V1300 is a gaming headset so while the price is similar, they are built for different markets.

Archived