Corsair Community

iCue instability with Zotac Firestorm software

Porkibear

Hi everyone! I recently built my PC and installed iCue to control by RGB fans. I’m not particularly bothered by the fact that my ASUS z-390-e RGB and GSkillz DRAM RGB isn’t being controlled by iCue. However, I tried installing Zotac Firestorm software to overclock my GPU, and once I installed it, my iCue started acting crazy. At first, upon loading iCue, the fans went into default mode, and iCue listed “No Devices Connected”. I have my 6 RGB fans and h200i v2 connected to the commander pro. They were working perfectly for the last few days up until the point I installed Zotac Firestorm. After uninstalling Firestorm, ICue started working again, but it would freeze up when I clicked on the Dashboard. After a little more drilling around, I noticed Firestorm still had some registry keys remaining, so I had to figure out how to completely delete any trace of that software from my pc. Now iCue is working perfectly again.

So it’s great that I got iCue to work again, but does anyone know how I would get any software that can control overclocking my GPU without causing any instability in iCue?? I’ve got a Zotac 2080ti AMP edition.

Interesting. This isn't going to fix or answer your question, but I've got the zotac 2070 amp extreme and am also using firestorm to overclock my card and I've not had the same issue you're describing.

I've got the 500D with 4 LL120 RGB fans. iCUE detects everything and the lighting and fan speed control works just fine.

Archived