Corsair Community

[commander pro] IS THIS DIAGRAM CORRECT?

localhost8000

hi could someone tell me if this diagram is correct? im getting ready to do this for the first time and i dont want to mess it up so i made this diagram as a kind of install simulator.

im also a bit fuzzy on where exactly the usb from the motherboard (for the RAM) is coming from ; bonus points if someone marks up an image of the ASROCK Z370M PRO 4 and circles the spot.

any comments tips or corrections would be most appreciated,

thanks

HC6dj4L.png

RGB RAM is typically handled via SPD, not USB. So there aren't any separate connections. That said, I cannot guarantee that TridentZ is the same ... it's best to ask them, if you can.

And I think that's an image of an H60 ... or maybe an H80i ... it's not an H80i V2. But that's just me being persnickety; no need to update. ;) You will want to plug that cooler into the CPU_FAN header and set the header to 100% (See the cooler FAQ).

Otherwise, the diagram looks good!

thanks for the reply!

ya the part i spec'd is a H80i V2, just pulled the wrong image i guess.

re: plugging the cpu_fan header in, i found a [ame=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wruCEYfCFno]youtube[/ame] -- not sure if its my actual motherboard but essentially:

1ItWPbE.jpg

do i need to connect this mini usb:

rcWGSKf.jpg

& then i connect it here? usb1112 ?:

BGqVU8j.jpg

as opposed to the usb-in on commander pro?

sounds like i dont need to plug anything into the usb on the commander pro for my specific setup...?

maybe i will just let the tridentZ rgb ram do its thing and not try to Link it to the corsair software.. heard mixed results.

thanks again!

Well, that's the setup if you don't have the Commander Pro. With the CoPro, you can use the CoPro's USB to free up a motherboard header (assuming that you have more than one). It's totally up to you.

And yes, as I understand, the H80iGT is essentially the same cooler as the H80i V2. The only thing that I think is missing from that video (and the directions) is to set that header ti 100%/full speed. That's super-important.

Archived