Corsair Community

Faulty HX1000i verbose

mickie98

Hi all.

New user building a new computer. Been doing this for a long time so have a few clues.

Just bought a Asus Crosshair MB, Corsair Hydro cooler HX1000i PSU not to mention 32GB Corsair Vengeance memory, case, video card etc.

Put all this together check it all once check it twice and hit go button.

Board powers up at least the lights do "very pretty". Fans come on and just as quickly it all stops. Lights stay on and get dreaded FF code flickers on display.

Go through the usual, disconnect testing as you go out case etc zip, nothing, nada.

Got to be a faulty board. right? Do the RMA thing with newegg and send MB away. so then i decide to swap out PSU in my working computer it needs a new PSU anyway.

Does not work, powers on momentarily etc and goes away just like the new motherboard did reconnect old PSU all is good again. Went out to FRYs this morning and get a tester. Alarms going off display goes haywire and it all shuts down. Am guessing it is bad any suggestions anyone? Is the Asus MB bad? About to tear hair out plus dealing with newegg is a pain RMA shipping etc.

• Corsair Employee

Sort of hard to understand your post 100%, but I'll try....

So you tried the PSU on two motherboards and got the same thing (initial power up, but no post)?

You got one of those handheld PSU testers and it said that the PSU is bad?

Then RMA the PSU.

Archived