Corsair Community

"Cannot find the Corsair M65 mouse, plug the M65 into a USB port!"

Peanuttz

Hi all,

I bought a new mouse and keyboard yesterday, with the mouse being the Vengeance M65. I plugged it in and played with it last night for a few hours and am enjoying the feel of it. However, when deciding today that I wanted to download the software to fiddle around with the settings of the mouse, upon downloading and extracting, I get the error message, "Cannot find the Corsair M65 mouse, plug the M65 into a USB port!" while trying to install the software. I have also tried updating the firmware, but whenever I try that I am greeted with the similar error message of, "Cannot open USB device, please plug the device into a USB port or reinstall driver!". This really confuses me because I am using the very mouse it is telling me to plug in as I type this message out and as I tried to install said software.

I have tried restarting, replugging, trying different usb ports, leaving it overnight but to no avail. Does anybody have a resolution to this issue?

Just a side note: I am running Windows 7 6.1 build 7601

Thanks.

Hi all,

I bought a new mouse and keyboard yesterday, with the mouse being the Vengeance M65. I plugged it in and played with it last night for a few hours and am enjoying the feel of it. However, when deciding today that I wanted to download the software to fiddle around with the settings of the mouse, upon downloading and extracting, I get the error message, "Cannot find the Corsair M65 mouse, plug the M65 into a USB port!" while trying to install the software. I have also tried updating the firmware, but whenever I try that I am greeted with the similar error message of, "Cannot open USB device, please plug the device into a USB port or reinstall driver!". This really confuses me because I am using the very mouse it is telling me to plug in as I type this message out and as I tried to install said software.

I have tried restarting, replugging, trying different usb ports, leaving it overnight but to no avail. Does anybody have a resolution to this issue?

Just a side note: I am running Windows 7 6.1 build 7601

Thanks.

So, I had the exact same error message when trying to install the Vengeance M95 MMO mouse. Turns out the only problem I had is that I downloaded the wrong software.

The model #s they use can be a little confusing, but it's critical that you download the right software... I went and looked at their downloads page and I can see that there is M65 RGB software and Vengeance M65 software. I'd start by double checking what you downloaded.

Hope this helps.

I am having the exact same problem as the OP. I don't have another PC to update the firmware. And the Download page only currently has a link for the "Vengeance M65", which doesn't tell me if it's the RGB version or not. I tried downloading that software but it does not recognize the mouse. I've tried a USB 2.0 hub, all my USB ports. Nothing works. Any suggestions?

To tell if your M65 mouse is a RGB one or not you should take a look at its package. Once you confirm which one you have we can give you a download link for the correct application you need.

or jsut look at the logo if you cringe its the new one if not its the old one :D:

To tell if your M65 mouse is a RGB one or not you should take a look at its package. Once you confirm which one you have we can give you a download link for the correct application you need.

Yeah, it's the RGB one. Just bought it on Saturday. Have the box right in front of me.

Archived