Corsair Community

Rainbow Wave with megarainbow script

V.? Incoming. Will have 430 colors and individual group for every key. Lots of work to be done but I know what I have to do

http://i.imgur.com/i0jOJyq.gif

So I spent the entire day redoing the profile to make it perfect.

The profile now has 18 groups that each go through 103 different colors that were chosen specifically to make it even. Then I wrote my own lighting effects manually so that all the gradient effects are perfect for each group. I also calculated the timings so it's pretty much perfect down to the microsecond.

It can't really get much smoother than this unless Corsair provides their own profile.

If you want to reverse the wave then flip the colors for each group.

If you want to speed it up then change the end time to1.

But Do not touch the colors! it took me hours to get them right and there's a lot of them.

Edit: I fixed some color overlapping, and added a few different versions. I didn't like how the wave started off straight then when diagonally across the keys so I made a straight version. The keys aren't straight to begin with but it's close enough. The "left" versions have the waving going from right to left. Also added a crazy version which actually doesn't look half bad.

[ame]

[/ame]

This shows "megarainbowstraight" which is the one I use.

Here is the megarainbowscript I wrote, yes I had to type it all, yes I had to make 18 variations of it, and yes it took hours.

http://i60.tinypic.com/v43wah.jpg

Here is the result.

http://i60.tinypic.com/5lpbvp.jpg

Using 2 or more profiles at a time will affect each other as they all use the same groups and lighting effect.

megarainbow.prf

megarainbowstraight.prf

megarainbow-left.prf

megarainbowstraight-left.prf

megarainbowcarazy.prf

megarainbowstraightcrazy.prf

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Here's some fast versions for people who can't figure out how to change the end times.

I think I'm done messing with the rainbow profiles, at least until they release scripts. I can't think of much more to add. The only other option is figuring out the perfect timing for using the wave effect. I have a wave effect that uses the same 103 colors as these profiles if anyone wants to try to mess with that.

megarainbowfast.prf

megarainbowfast-left.prf

megarainbowstraightfast.prf

megarainbowstraightfast-left.prf

Thank You So Much. I received my keyboard 4 hours ago, and trying to watch YouTube setups and trying to copy their fast programming display is mind boggling. By you experts giving us profiles to download and study, it really helps the learning curve! I will get it to spell my name someday soon (hopefully).

No problem man. I like sharing what I've learned so far so that hopefully other users can be making cooler profiles that I'm too lazy to make or didn't think of.

Also I went ahead and made this for you.

Protocol48.prf

Using your Megarainbow-Left profile, it's perfect.

Thanks for your submission, makes my keyboard look way better than when I was using the other rainbow profile I had on. =]

I figure I should ask here though, is there a way to make it light up each key I hit white (fading in and out, not just blinking) with this profile?

Looks like the profile has been slightly broken with the newest software + firmware update.

The "ESC" through "Ctrl" keys just blink instead of smoothly changing colors. Same for "Mute" through "2" keys.

And by "through" I mean vertically from key to key.

Keep up the great work!

If I can get the firmware installed, this will be the first profile I install. Ever since I plugged my keyboard in and saw that rainbow cascade, I knew I wanted it as a default profile. Unfortunately, soon after I installed the utility software, the rainbow disappeared and never returned. Now I'm stuck with the default red keys, and can't change it because of the firmware issue preventing the utility software from identifying the keyboard.

EDIT: Success... I was able to find the firmware and download it properly. And as promised, I have your megarainbow profile as my default setting. It'll be a while before I change it out, so I'll enjoy it for all the hard work put into it.

Has anyone had any issues with their firmware and the megarainbow profile. The animated wave pattern has frozen at least 3 times between yesterday and today, but the colored pattern still remains, as if I hit a pause button. I ask this because this profile is the first and only profile I've added to the utility menu. I've copied other profiles, but I haven't actually used any of them yet.

So, I was wondering if any of you have encountered that error. It seems to clear up once I restart, but I'd like to find a more stable firmware if anyone is willing to post it here or elsewhere that's easily accessible to users. Because whenever the firmware acts up, I cannot gain access to the profile tab on the utility menu. The system recognizes the keyboard, it just can't modify the lighting on it.

Thanks.

Has anyone had any issues with their firmware and the megarainbow profile. The animated wave pattern has frozen at least 3 times between yesterday and today, but the colored pattern still remains, as if I hit a pause button. I ask this because this profile is the first and only profile I've added to the utility menu. I've copied other profiles, but I haven't actually used any of them yet.

So, I was wondering if any of you have encountered that error. It seems to clear up once I restart, but I'd like to find a more stable firmware if anyone is willing to post it here or elsewhere that's easily accessible to users. Because whenever the firmware acts up, I cannot gain access to the profile tab on the utility menu. The system recognizes the keyboard, it just can't modify the lighting on it.

Thanks.

I have this problem as well, it usually unfreezes if I slide the BIOS Switch on the back of the keyboard to like a slot away then back again, it's really annoying though, I am sure its something that can be patched in a software/firmware update hopefully though!

Let me know if this works. Not mega-rainbow, but cool.

Thats actually really kewl, I was basically expecting smsumodude20's one, just that the animation of the rainbow is going inwards to the center or outwards in like a symmetrical type of thing. But thanks anyways :biggrin:, I'm gonna hope smsumodude sees this.

Archived