Corsair Community

Dead K65 RGB LUX After Firmware Reset

xsidex

So yeah I'm beyond sad/worried.

I created a support ticket to see if a firmware reset would help me fix 1 led on the keyboard that would not switch to green.

They send me a K65RGB_ISP_V205.bin file and after i use the method of clicking the reset pin on the keyboard whilst plugging in, and replacing the firmware.bin with this file the keyboard no longer works at all.

I can still get windows to recognize it in this "safe mode" but nothing else, no lights, no input.

I also tried a diferent computer and nothing helps.

Was the file they gave me the wrong one? Just for the normal K65 and not for the LUX version?

PLEASE if someone could help me it would mean the world!

I had this exact thing happen to me just the other day.

Richard at Corsair sent me a firmware file for my K95 Platinum which bricked my keyboard as well. I followed all the steps accurately and tried the procedure more than once. Bricked every time. Richard confirmed that it was the right firmware file.

The only way to get mine working again was to put the original firmware.bin back in there. Good thing I made a backup because Richard told me to delete it...

My lighting and profile switching problems are still there and I am now having to return the keyboard for a replacement. Not through Corsair though since they want me to pay for shipping to bloody Taiwan...

Corsair your QC is disappointing lately and your after sales support is even worse.

• Corsair Employee
@xsidex

You'll need the K65 LUX RGB ISP rather than the RGB one.

That is correct. You'll need the specific file for your specific keyboard in order for the reset to work properly. Because the how specific the files are, they are not available publicly. Go ahead and reply to your ticket, and request the appropriate file. Providing the PN off the back will also help prevent receiving the incorrect file.

• 2 years later...