Corsair Community

New Corsair Link Questions

Ensor

I just added a Corsair Link Cooling & Lighting kit to my system, and I have to say it works quite well. Very nice build quality too.

I have a number of questions though:

1) I'm running 3 3-pin fans from the cooling module, these are lowish RPM by themselves (1200 RPM max) and it looks like the module can't run them lower than about 850 RPM. However I know these fans will run OK down to 500 RPM. Are there limitations in the module?

2) After initially drag-and-dropping the temperature sensors and fans in the system box picture (which can be replaced by a custom picture -- that works great!!) after a reboot the sensors and fan 'gadgets' do no show up in the picture any more. I mean, not at all. Did I do something wrong or so? The software is running with full Admin privs.

Thank you in advance!

For point 1) I thought the same with my fans but they eventually got there (from 1000 down to 400 rpm) it just took over a min of waiting.

Point 2 didn't happen to me so I'm not sure :(

btw are your TC's sensor numbers backwards like mine? Sensor 1 showing as sensor 4 etc?

Cheers

Chris

Nope, I don't have them backwards (I think) however!:

My Temp sensor 1, 2 and 3 show up as 2, 3 and 4. Right sequence but wrong numbers, UNLESS I count as follows:

Temp group 0: NVidia Sensor (from MB)

Temp group 1: CPU Sensor (from MB)

Temp group 2: CL Sensor 1

Temp group 3: CL Sensor 2

Temp group 4: CL Sensor 3

So it may be worth seeing if that count works for you, it's a bit confusing. I still have to re-check mine.

I tried uninstalling and reinstalling the software, that didn't solve the problem of me losing the icons. My System page only shows the background, all icons are gone.

yup I think your seeing what I am,

TC1 on the cooling node is showing as TC4 in the software

TC2 as 3

TC3 as 2

I can tell the order on mine as I have one just in the case as ambient plus I have two GPU sensors so the numbering you mention does not work for mine :(

Cheers

Chris

I just checked and well, I suppose the Corsair engineers anticipated that I'd get my wires mixed up. The sensor labeling is indeed backwards, but as I had my sensors backwards too in the end two wrongs made a right. :laughing:

I managed to get my icons back by unplugging and re-plugging the Cooling Module, however my happiness was short-lived. After a reboot they were all gone again.

A 4-pin fan will spin down to about 400RPM but I cannot get my 3-pin fans to get lower than about 700RPM no matter how long the wait. These are Silverstone AP FM181 fans, I could see if I could switch them to low speed first, but I had hoped the Corsair would allow me to have some more range in regulation.

Any Corsair folks care to comment?

Yet a little more info on the disappeared icons.

I was able to get them back by editing the profile .xml in Documents and set all coordinates back to their defaults.

I tried before if other software was masking them but the whole thing turns out to be just a UI issue, if one drag and drops the icons on the system image they disappear when the program is reloaded.

I got another question on the software, I'd like it to start with Windows, it doesn't have an option to do so. So I dropped a shortcut in the startup folder, that works, but it keeps coming up with a UAC prompt.

Any way to start the program with Windows without being bothered by the UAC prompt?

I got another question on the software, I'd like it to start with Windows, it doesn't have an option to do so. So I dropped a shortcut in the startup folder, that works, but it keeps coming up with a UAC prompt.

Any way to start the program with Windows without being bothered by the UAC prompt?

Start Task Scheduler

- Create basic task, give it a name

- Set trigger as When I log on

- Set Action as Start a program

- Point Program to whatever Corsair Link is called

- check "Open the Properties dialog for this task when I click Finish", click finish

- Select "Run with highest privileges", OK

:cool:

Archived