Corsair Community

iCue w/ Commander Pro issue

Sparkey

Just gonna be quick and dirt, don't actually expect anything useful back :/

Installed iCue, worked great. Full control of my liquid cooler, fan curves, and lighting channels. Reboot computer, no longer have control over my fans. I go into Home>Commander Pro and no fans appear and the Performance group on the left is MIA. On my dashboard, same. No fans shown. Lighting channels and CPU cooler function as expected still. Temp sensor channels on Commander Pro function as expected as well

I have ran iCue with the latest Corsair Link software and with Corsair Link removed. Problem repeats.

System:

AMD Ryzen 1600

ASUS Crosshair VI Hero

Windows 10 Pro 64bit

Commander Pro Firmware v 0.8.210

HD RGB Fans

H80i V2 Cooler

If I can provide any more info to debug this issue I would be glad to.

I have this same problem, came here looking for help.

My PC was working with all fans hooked to the mobo, then when I set up commander pro I linked 3 case fans to it. Their rgb works perfect, but none show up in icue. All just spin at high rpm.

Below you can see that the commander pro is there.

FPfNyyY.jpg

I do not have the lighting setup open, but it worked. But this shows nothing connected to fan controller.

So, I do want to be clear I in no way wanted to hijack someone else's thread, but it sounds like the same issue.

And I have hwinfo, but disabled it and no dice.

I tried link, but no change so I just disabled that as well. With nothing but iCue the 3 case fans I've got go full blast and no control over them. Full rgb control.

Again, sorry to hop on someone else's thread, just seemed like there could have been some commonality.

Edit to add, in all direct Sata*, no moolex

reedit to add Sata, not data. either my mistake or autocorrect. Leaving Moolex because i chuckled

So, I do want to be clear I in no way wanted to hijack someone else's thread, but it sounds like the same issue.

And I have hwinfo, but disabled it and no dice.

I tried link, but no change so I just disabled that as well. With nothing but iCue the 3 case fans I've got go full blast and no control over them. Full rgb control.

Again, sorry to hop on someone else's thread, just seemed like there could have been some commonality.

Edit to add, in all direct data, no moolex

Can you show your configuration screen?

KuZNpE6

I assume you mean this page? On 2 fans I had to use the extenders the commander pro has, so the fan is 3 pin but connection to the pro is 4. I figured use 3 because its what the fan has.

I didnt realize photos posted via mobile were so large...

https://imgur.com/a/KuZNpE6

hyperlinked picture instead of posting image becasue i was having trouble with it.

Hi buddy.. if you go into settings and click the commander pro tab.. and select the correct type of fan you (3pin vs 4pin) have does it make any difference?

No difference. I did think of that too, default is Auto, so I immediately selected 4pin with disappointing results.

The voltages are also reading 0 across the board.

Do you have any monitoring applications running? What happens if you restart the service?

My voltages read the same when this error occurs. I do have HWiNFO64 5.88-3510 running. I did try ending that service and problem persisted.

well spotted..... do you have it as a direct Sata connection or are you using a Molex to sata converter?

I am direct SATA power from PSU as well.

So i may have just solved it. I set HWinfo to not auto start or anything and now my fans are in iCue..

it shows real voltages, I can see all my fans. so far no control, but they at least show up now.

I am going to make sure nothing else auto starts and see if i can gain the control

So i may have just solved it. I set HWinfo to not auto start or anything and now my fans are in iCue..

it shows real voltages, I can see all my fans. so far no control, but they at least show up now.

I am going to make sure nothing else auto starts and see if i can gain the control

The real test is the reboot. That is where I keep loosing it.

The real test is the reboot. That is where I keep loosing it.

After the reboot i still see them, but still do not seem to have control

Edit to add,

it looks like forcing an update to the firmware kind of gave me control. I set it to quiet and the RPM dropped a bit. but they still jump up to over 1k rpm.

After the reboot i still see them, but still do not seem to have control

Edit to add,

it looks like forcing an update to the firmware kind of gave me control. I set it to quiet and the RPM dropped a bit. but they still jump up to over 1k rpm.

Are you running Link too or iCue stand-alone?

I just rebooted with HWiNFO auto launch off and I still have my fans, have not launched HWiNFO at all......going to try launching HWiNFO in a couple min and see if I loose it all again. I need that running for Rainmeter, will have to stick to Link if HWiNFO is the killing blow of iCue, Rainmeter is a corner stone of my setup.

You need to configure HWInfo to ignore the Corsair devices or you are going to continue to have issues, often randomly. The devices require single application access - if HWInfo and iCue both try to access the device at the same time (which will happen sooner or later), you'll lose control.

As for your fan speeds jumping - the default fan curves are set to use the CPU Package temperature as the source. Modern CPUs - both Intel and AMD - have very spiky temperatures and there's nothing that you can do about it. Your best option is to create a custom fan curve and use the temperature sensors that come with the Commander Pro as the source for the temperature. This will allow you to control the fan speeds based on the internal case temperature.

So i have just been using iCue. I had not used Link before iCue was around, and didnt even know about it until i researched my copro issues. now, i am going to set up a thermal sensor in a good spot. Currently i just have one at the inlet after the radiator.

I am gonna try using the coolant lines to conceal the thermal sensor where i can

So what is special about corsair service where no other hw monitoring program can be running ? HWinfo, MSI Afterburner, Precision XOC all play nicely together reading sensors.

What is more curious is what is special about iCue because Link does not have any issues running with HWiNFO whatsoever. iCue really doesn't provide much more than a face lift and a catchy, Applesque name, yet it seems like this is the first entry into this field rather than something they have already done with success.

Archived