Corsair Community

Help with my H80i

neukyhm

Hi, I'm looking for someone to help me with some clicking noises that the pump makes ONLY when I wake up the PC and it lasts for a minute or so (then everything is ok). I have seen that pump's rpm is around 500 when this happens so my question is: is this normal? considering that this only happens (for now) at startup.

My h80i is 4 days old.

Thanks.

Whats the pump RPM once its stopped making the noise?

Never used the H80i but I know the 100i and 110iGT pumps never run anywhere near that low, so taking a guess that for some reason its running lower than it should be for that first while causing the noise?

If that's the case, may be try another sata power cable, one that isnt powering anything else?

Whats the pump RPM once its stopped making the noise?

Never used the H80i but I know the 100i and 110iGT pumps never run anywhere near that low, so taking a guess that for some reason its running lower than it should be for that first while causing the noise?

If that's the case, may be try another sata power cable, one that isnt powering anything else?

I have already tried another sata cable but nothing changes. Pump's rpm is 2200 more or less when the noise disappears.

Hmm, I dont know. It could be some kind of power feature setting if its only on wake, but there isn't anything I can think of. Also possible its a faulty pump, but its a strange way to present its self if its a fault, I would expect it should then do it on boot etc as well...

Whats PSU are you using?

2200 is the normal pump RPM and it should always be running at that speed. Obviously when it's off or in sleep mode the pump rpm will be zero, but when powered on it should spin up so fast no monitoring program would be able to catch it at 500 rpm, even for a second. Where did you connect the 3 pin connector? Asus has some funny rules about how their headers behave. Check both in your BIOS and in AI Suite (if you are running it) to make sure the header the pump is connected isn't being restricted. It needs 12V all the time. I am not sure what your version of the BIOS calls it, but there should be an option that says "Full Speed" or a manual setting where you can set it to 100%. Also check AI suite to make sure it hasn't tuned the pump speed down.

Hmm, I dont know. It could be some kind of power feature setting if its only on wake, but there isn't anything I can think of. Also possible its a faulty pump, but its a strange way to present its self if its a fault, I would expect it should then do it on boot etc as well...

Whats PSU are you using?

I'm using the Aerocool Templarius 750W

Where did you connect the 3 pin connector? Asus has some funny rules about how their headers behave. Check both in your BIOS and in AI Suite (if you are running it) to make sure the header the pump is connected isn't being restricted. It needs 12V all the time. I am not sure what your version of the BIOS calls it, but there should be an option that says "Full Speed" or a manual setting where you can set it to 100%. Also check AI suite to make sure it hasn't tuned the pump speed down.

I connected it to CPU_FAN, but I think that BIOS has nothing to do with the noise because h80i fans and pump are connected directly to the PSU with a sata power cable.

Is it unusual although the pc is booting from cold?

I would say yes it is.

Can I clarify though, I thought you meant this only happened when you wake the computer, as in a wake event to move from sleep state.

Is it happening on any boot? If so, I would probably have suggested RMA earlier, I thought we had some strangeness related to the sleep to wake state transition, if its on any boot it sounds more like the pump for some reason isn't able to start up properly and it taking that time to wind up to its normal RPM, which I would personally RMA as it may well get worse and cause further problems....

Ok, I will RMA it, just one last question: does it matter how you install the radiator? I installed it as the manual says, but with pipes coming from upside, like this

http://cdn.overclock.net/6/69/500x1000px-LL-69f145e6_DSC_0370.jpeg

Ok, I will RMA it, just one last question: does it matter how you install the radiator? I installed it as the manual says, but with pipes coming from upside, like this

http://cdn.overclock.net/6/69/500x1000px-LL-69f145e6_DSC_0370.jpeg

No,imop its essential to have the tubes on the bottom...

theres a portion of air in these hydro's and this way I think its likely to pull air thru...

I'd RMA the H80i. The clicking and slow ramp of the pump is unusual.

I second this motion. I've had an H80i for a few months till I decided to up the ante and get an H100i and I've never heard any clicking sounds from the pump. Both the H80i and H100i will start off with fans on full blast and then slowly ramp down on RPMs but I've never heard any distinct 'clicking' sounds from my rig (and it's next to me on my desk) let alone from the pump itself.

• 2 weeks later...

Ok, I have a new unit, this time is a h80i GT since the shop where I bought it did not have the h80i in stock. But I have some issues with Corsair Link: when using h80i, I could set temperature ranges and it worked fine, this time with the h80i GT, I have this instead of temperature ranges:

http://s4.postimg.org/4lfxlualp/Captura2.png

How do I set temperature ranges so the LED changes with temperature?

Hi, I'm looking for someone to help me with some clicking noises that the pump makes ONLY when I wake up the PC and it lasts for a minute or so (then everything is ok). I have seen that pump's rpm is around 500 when this happens so my question is: is this normal? considering that this only happens (for now) at startup.

My h80i is 4 days old.

Thanks.

Hello this sounds like air in your pump, I have had alot of issues with this on my previous h100i gtx, i would suggest putting your case on it's side for about an hour see if that gets the air bubbles out.

Failing that you can just tilt your case at every angle for a few seconds at a time and tapping the tubes and pump in the hope of getting the air away from the pump.

Ok, I have a new unit, this time is a h80i GT since the shop where I bought it did not have the h80i in stock. But I have some issues with Corsair Link: when using h80i, I could set temperature ranges and it worked fine, this time with the h80i GT, I have this instead of temperature ranges:

How do I set temperature ranges so the LED changes with temperature?

You can't. The H80iGT is a new "improved" model with less functionality :eek:

Have a read of http://forum.corsair.com/forums/showthread.php?t=141083&highlight=h100igtx+temperature+led as I expect the H80iGT is the same.

You can't. The H80iGT is a new improved model with less functionality :eek:

What the f? Really? How is that possible? Led color is something Corsair Link takes care of, why would not you be able to say Corsair Link to change color automatically?

Archived