Corsair Community

k95 rgb malfunctions more common since update

since i updatedd the firmware and cue to latest version my keyb oard is crashign more commonly i andd i cannot switch pollign rate onm fly even when keyboard is functioning if i try to switch pollign rate like i usedd to previously the keyboardd woudl reinitate now it does nto i litterally have to replug my keyboard and this is only since the update is there any way ii caan reflash the firmwware or flash the previous firmware to see if i can fix this

• Corsair Employee

Thats odd the polling rate change doesn't reset the keyboard. This would imply a hardware failure of the keyboard. but if it works after replugging it, I suspect its something else being an issue.

What USB ports are you using and are you using the latest chipset/USB drivers as well as the latest BIOS update?

Heres the firmware if you need it: http://forum.corsair.com/v3/attachment.php?attachmentid=21635&d=1430426386

er yes usb and chipset upto date although i bought a pcie usb3 for this because of z97 issue it fixed all malfunctions everything was playing nice then the update happened it seemed good for the first few hours apart from my 'k' and o keys couldent decide if red was red or orange but then the malfunctions happend and kept happening like when usin on board usb again just not QUITE as bad will reflash see what happens cheers james

JAmes curious think i shoudl rma as soon as i start tryign to flash firmware it gets to 3 percent keyboard ddosent saay it malfunctioning but it does die as soon as the update hits 3% and then fails to update after abotu 20 mins of been at 3%

I fixed the problem!

Here's how - I called Corsair for help on downgrading firmware the other day. The rep pointed me instead to trying his recommendations instead before potentially messing with the firmware, his steps are here:

1 - Uninstall the Corsair CUE software and any other previous Corsair software installations. (Located in Control Panel > Programs and Features)

2 - Go to Windows Control Panel > Folder Options (view by small/large icons) > View > Enable Show hidden files and folders

3 - Delete the following directory: C:\Users\"Your name"\AppData\Roaming\Corsair

4 - Run a registry cleaning software such as CCleaner (Run registry scan and fix all issues)

5 - Restart your system

6 - Install the new Corsair software only for your specific keyboard (link below):

http://downloads.corsair.com/download?item=Files/Gaming-Keyboards/Corsair-Utility-Engine-v1.5.108.zip

The missing link seems to have been to delete the AppData\Roaming\Corsair directory. Once I followed these steps exactly, CUE has worked for the first time in weeks!

Thanks to everyone for offering help, hopefully this thread can help someone else too in the future.

Try that and see if it helps

Ever since the last update of the software and firmware, I too have been having all sorts of issues.. It's the same issues I had when I first got the keyboard, but at first it was because of the USB's both being plugged in to the 3.0 and should only be one plugged in to the 3.0 USB port. Now, everything is plugged as it should be and was running great until I did the update.

• Corsair Employee
Ever since the last update of the software and firmware, I too have been having all sorts of issues.. It's the same issues I had when I first got the keyboard, but at first it was because of the USB's both being plugged in to the 3.0 and should only be one plugged in to the 3.0 USB port. Now, everything is plugged as it should be and was running great until I did the update.

What kind of issues are you having?

Archived