Corsair Community

CMZ8GX3M2A1866C9R timming problem

marcinstaszewsk

hi i have a CMZ8GX3M2A1866C9R and fx8120 / asus m5a97

i have a problem with timming i`m not going to oc my cpu but when i`m testig memory by memtest it freezing or y cruncher it`s saying memory problem when i had 4x2gb of different manufacure ram was ok so what is good timming for this ram (i`m on 9-10-9-27 1866mhz now ) or maybe problem is it`s not compatibile with motherboard or cpu ??????????? please help

http://s6.ifotos.pl/mini/xxxxPNG_rqnxwqe.PNG

also it helps to reset the BIOS to defaults when trying different ram.

i would look into a newer bios as my esteemed colleague suggested, and reset to defaults.

AMD chips have a difficult time at or over 1600Mhz

plus as the ram may be compatible, it was primarily designed for Intel CPUs at the listed speeds. not 1866 on an AMD.

Vengeance memory is designed specifically for the latest CPUs. Vengeance modules run at 1.5V for maximum compatibility with all Intel® Core™ i3, i5 and i7 processors, as well as the 2nd generation Intel processor family.

These FX chips that support 1866mhz memory are kind of funny sometimes.

We get quite a few of them that just wont run at those speeds even though they are fully supported . If you cant get them to run at that speed you might want to contact the MB maufacturer or AMD.

These FX chips that support 1866mhz memory are kind of funny sometimes.

We get quite a few of them that just wont run at those speeds even though they are fully supported . If you cant get them to run at that speed you might want to contact the MB maufacturer or AMD.

i did put ******** memory and it`s working without any problems

Archived