Corsair Community

blue screen using kvm

anaturelover

Hi im in 7 64

i had 3x2g dominator and everything was ok with kvm and everything

just purchased 3x 4 g dominator, put them in same slot(replace)

now , everytime firefox or explorer is opened and I use my kvm, to go to cpu2

when i come back and try to continue my browsing, I get a blue screen..

help me pls

when you installed the ram did you update to the latest BIOS ver and reset the BIOS to defaults then enable XMP? it may do the trick:)

let us know.

havent seen beginning sorry

i keep the first original bios

i didnt feel like I reseted it , i dont know how in fact...

whats xmp?

i did a clean install recently and did not istall everyting . i got scared when I did put the asus dvd in and strange bios question . I didnot want to re reinstall

what should i do install the thing from internet

of using dvd , if so will i need to reinstall os ( iread flash bios is not safe(

im not combining 2 sets

Thats just Synthohols signature with some informative links. It wasn't part of his reply.

i keep the first original bios

i didnt feel like I reseted it , i dont know how in fact...

Updating the BIOS isn't hard. It should be covered in your owners manual for your MB. You dowload the file and put it on a USB stick and then boot your machine from the USB. The new BIOS should start installing itself. It will ask you if you want to replace the old version with the new. DO NOT update it using the internet. That can often go bad and cause BIOS corruption. If you are not comfortable doing it, then it may be best to take it to a shop or ask a friend to help.

iread flash bios is not safe(

Look for the ASUS EZ flash method in your owners manual. That will be the safest , easiest way to do this. Flashing a BIOS can be unsafe if not done correctly. But most modern motherboards it's pretty safe and most have a way to recover if something were to go bad.

whats xmp?

X.M.P. Is Xtreme Mememory Profile. When enabled it sets the memory to it's correct timings and voltages automatically. Again, this is covered in your owners manual. It will be in the AITweaker or AIoverclock features in your BIOS.

i did a clean install recently and did not istall everyting . i got scared when I did put the asus dvd in and strange bios question .

What do you mean you didn't install everything? Did you install the ASUS drivers and chipset drivers after you reinstalled windows? Updating the BIOS does not require you to reinstall windows, but if you did not install the chipset drivers and MB drivers , then this could be the issue.

if I install the new bios will it include the epu 6 engine and other features a s esp audio thing ^

--------------

X.M.P. Is Xtreme Mememory Profile. When enabled it sets the memory to it's correct timings and voltages automatically. Again, this is covered in your owners manual. It will be in the AITweaker or AIoverclock features in your BIOS.

R

r will xmp do it by itself or I need to do changes manually^ unknow territory here

------------------------------------

but if you did not install the chipset drivers and MB drivers , then this could be the issue.

r: this i don t understand when ;you say chipset driver and mobo driver, do i need to install something esle than the bios to do so or it is all included in the bios download^ if not included where do i find such a thing and how to install properly

thxfor helping

Hi anaturelover

XMP is a preset memory profile in your bios

So usaly u have auto, XMP and manuel memory setting in bios

As for you bios you have to update to last version 1202 if you have trouble to run new set ove memory. As bios update improve compatibility and stability ove system

hope this help

Sincerly yours

Read your manuel carfully

All is explain how to change bios

I tink you can use ASUS Update V7.17.17 To update bios to version 1202 in Windows OS, if not u have to use AFUDOS 2.41 to do it in dos. But it mutch more complicat.

Be sure to never stop a bios update. As the motherboard could be scrap if u stop it before it finish is update. So for exemple, don't do it if it rainning and the light in your home is flashing if you don't have a battery unit

If u feel nervours about updating bios

U could go in a cumputer shop, but they will charge you.

anaturelover: You should contact Asus support for information on how to update your BIOS and drivers. If you are unsure as to which drivers are installed and which are not, you should go to Device Manager in Windows and check to see which items are marked by question marks or exclamation marks.

Did you run memtest86+

After bios, chipset and driver update

http://ca.asus.com/en/Motherboards/Intel_Socket_1366/P6T_Deluxe_V2/#download

If u still have trouble

run memtest86+ with 3 stick fist and if u have error

Test stick individualy to find witch is defect or it have trouble to run trip channel

Have u test in dual channel with only 2 stick if the trouble still thers?

Your motherboard could nead a bios update. Some time CPU and chipset Have dificuty to run overclocked memory. As your CPU is certified only DDR3-800/1066

http://ark.intel.com/products/37147/Intel-Core-i7-920-Processor-(8M-Cache-2_66-GHz-4_80-GTs-Intel-QPI)

Hi, anaturelover, I hope that I won't confuse you any more than what you already seem to be, but I had a quick look through your motherboards manual, and I've found the X.M.P setting that others have mentioned for you change, so we'll start with that.

1. Start your computer and enter the BIOS by pressing the delete key until the BIOS setup screen is displayed.

2. Use the left or right arrow keys to move to the "Ai Tweaker" menu

3. Press the Enter key on the option called "Ai Overclock Tuner" and using the up and down arrow keys select the option called "X.M.P." and press Enter.

4. Use the left and right arrow keys to select "Exit" and use the up and down arrow keys to select "Exit and Save Changes" this will set X.M.P for you.

5. Once you get back to Windows, check to see if you still get a blue screen when using the KVM.

6. If you do get a blue screen, write down the error code and post it here, that way we can see what might be causing the blue screen.

Don't download or install anything just yet, we need to work through one thing at a time with you so that you're not getting confused and so that we can figure out what the problem is.

ok aiverc was on auto i switched it to xmp

and a profile apprede under

it didn t change anything

i switch 3g kit and 12gkit and they do have bleu screen

was happening often with 3g kit , it seemed to me that with the 12 g kit it is more frequent

also an addtion

bleu screen happen only on pcA (p6t del ) but not on second pc( pc B) ,my old p4 (the other pc im using kvm with)

second precision the bleuscreen only happens when there is a browsing open firefox or explorer . ex if there is no firefox open on a , i can swich no prob

but if there is a firefox window opened on A , i switch to pc b no prob , the prob is when I switch it back to pcA (p6t) . the moment I want to continue browsing or close or minimise the firefox window, instantly blue screen

here is the report i got (with 3g kit but a assume its the same error code for 12g)

it didn t change anything

i switch 3g kit and 12gkit and they do have bleu screen

was happening often with 3g kit , it seemed to me that with the 12 g kit it is more frequent

also an addtion

bleu screen happen only on pcA (p6t del ) but not on second pc( pc B) ,my old p4 (the other pc im using kvm with)

second precision the bleuscreen only happens when there is a browsing open firefox or explorer . ex if there is no firefox open on a , i can swich no prob

but if there is a firefox window opened on A , i switch to pc b no prob , the prob is when I switch it back to pcA (p6t) . the moment I want to continue browsing or close or minimise the firefox window, instantly blue screen

here is the report i got (with 3g kit but a assume its the same error code for 12g)

Problem signature:

Problem Event Name: BlueScreen

OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.1

Locale ID: 1033

Additional information about the problem:

BCCode: 3b

BCP1: 00000000C0000005

BCP2: FFFFF80002ADA480

BCP3: FFFFF8800837AFF0

BCP4: 0000000000000000

OS Version: 6_1_7601

Service Pack: 1_0

Product: 256_1

Files that help describe the problem:

C:\Windows\Minidump\072912-22526-01.dmp

C:\Users\john\AppData\Local\Temp\WER-542727-0.sysdata.xml

Read our privacy statement online:

http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=104288&clcid=0x0409

If the online privacy statement is not available, please read our privacy statement offline:

C:\Windows\system32\en-US\erofflps.txt

Did you check if bios up to date last version 1202?

Deferant memory kits could have diference speed and latancy

So before put your 12GB kit, be sure to set bios as default

Because XMP ove your 6gb kit, maybe not exacly the same as XMP ove your 12gb kit.

So reset bios to default before installing your new 12gb kits

If computer boost at default setting, then go active XMP profile(but only after install memory at default speed)

If this don't worck u have to update Bios AS it improve compatibility and stability

Don't download or install anything just yet, we need to work through one thing at a time with you so that you're not getting confused and so that we can figure out what the problem is.

Lets start fresh from the beginnig. We will go one question at a time.

i did a clean install recently and did not istall everyting .

You just reinstalled windows Correct?

I've had a look on google for the error code you're getting, and the closest match I've found is "0x0000003B" this seems to be due to an outdated or incorrect graphics card driver.

But it can also be many different things, as the error code means that the Kernel (Core of the operating system) was handed bad data, and this could come from either bad RAM, or a bad driver, but seeing as this happens with the 3GB set as well as the 12GB set, I think that the problem may be with your drivers.

But first off, I would like for you to download "Memtest86+" Here is the link for the USB version http://memtest.org/download/4.20/memtest86+-4.20.usb.installer.zip

Note: This is to test your set of 12GB RAM.

1. (Scan this file first with your antivirus if you wish) Extract this file and plug in an empty USB flash drive and run the program, and install the program to your USB flash drive.

2. Switch off your computer and remove two of the three modules of RAM and place the 1 remaining module into the first RAM slot of your motherboard.

3. Then start up your computer and keep pressing F12 until you get a screen giving you the option to choose what drive to boot from, look for USB HDD or something similar and select it.

4. Memtest86+ should run automatically, leave it running for at least 3 complete passes, each pass should take about 1 hour or so to complete.

5. If you don't get any errors after 3 passes, then your first module of RAM is most likely fine, and we need to test the other 2 modules.

6. Re-run the test for the other 2 modules of RAM, each on their own, in the same slot on your motherboard each time, if you find that any of the modules have errors, then it may be a hardware problem.

If you don't find any errors, then it may be a driver problem, but we'll move onto that once you've tested your RAM :)

Lets start fresh from the beginnig. We will go one question at a time.

You just reinstalled windows Correct?

ok

for begining i was running xp32 everyting ok

i did a clean install (format) using the seven 64 dvd

i noticed i did nt have the epu6engine install btw .

Archived