Corsair Community

Vengeance 2000 Win8 Driver soon?

andreaz70

Hello over there! :)

My Vengeance 2000 arrived today. Great one, really. Tried to install it on my

Win8 Machine - no go. It refuse to install on Win8, so i can't use the Software from Corsair. With the Windows Drivers it work so far, but i miss some things i could setup (as example hearing myself within the speaker to avoid screaming). Will there be a Win8 Driver anytime soon?

Regards,

Andreas

Yes, and it is highly likely that those new drivers will be windows 8 compatible. Although, the only feature they have announced from the new drivers is the addition of Dolby, one would only assume that windows 8 compatibility will come alongside a new driver that was developed after windows 8's release.

What i really miss with this Headset is the possibility to change the loopback volume. I dislike it to talk into a black hole. Would love to set it slightly louder than it is per Default. I tend to scream while talking with the low volume loopback...

Regards,

Andreas

That's a good idea, I'm going to add that to the list.

http://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=113284

Although, I believe that the loopback volume is just as high as the volume level you are speaking at (factored in with window's volume controls).

Edit : Wait a minute, are you talking about the loopback that is caused passively by the nature of a wireless headset, or the loopback feature available in windows?

I mean the hardware loopback. The Windows Loopback got a small latency. Small but long enough to irritate, while talking - the windows loopback is not really suitable for a real loopback. My old headset got a control in "Headset Speaker Settings", where i can choice the level of the microphone feedback. That was a hardware loopback and there wasnt any latency at all (not a noticable one). That would be my big, big wish for the Vengeance 2000 also.

The loopback at the moment is anywhere near not noticeable, so i got the feeling im talking into a box filled with furs.. :) Cause i cant hear myself i scream the house to the ground... :)

Regards,

Andreas

I mean the hardware loopback. The Windows Loopback got a small latency. Small but long enough to irritate, while talking - the windows loopback is not really suitable for a real loopback. My old headset got a control in "Headset Speaker Settings", where i can choice the level of the microphone feedback. That was a hardware loopback and there wasnt any latency at all (not a noticable one). That would be my big, big wish for the Vengeance 2000 also.

The loopback at the moment is anywhere near not noticeable, so i got the feeling im talking into a box filled with furs.. :) Cause i cant hear myself i scream the house to the ground... :)

Regards,

Andreas

The Vengeance 2000 line of headsets are not sound isolating so you shouldn't have problems with your voice being too loud. To be honest, most complaints seem to be against the hardware loopback feature. Personally, I've never had a headset that had this feature before so it was strange to get used to.

Archived