Corsair Community

H80i V2 fan curve

boeing253

Hi folks,

Me again. So i have a new H80i V2 after I found the problem with the old one.

Question is from the very breif testing i have done is does the fans run off the coolant temp or can they run off the CPU temp.

I currently have it set to CPU Core 1 temp. The fans seem to keep things cool but judt wondering as its an Asetek unit can it run off the cpu temp.

Thanks

I think the H115i + H100iV2 + H80iV2 can use any temperature source to control the fan speed, but as I don't have one can't check. Try using the CL4 configuration panel to select the CPU package temperature.

Thanks. Yea i can select the cpu package aswell as core temps and a few other options in CL4.

Ill try selecting Core 1 as the difference between the CPU package and the cores I found can be 5-6 degrees with the cpu package being lower than the cores.

Update: Selecting a custom fan curve off the CPU #1 Coredoesnt seem to work. The fan speed doesnt increase.

However if i set the fans to performance mode based off the CPU #1 then the fans increase.

I have had the fans increase to 1300rpm so far.

So if 1300 is half of 2435rpm +/- 10% so i understand the fans are working correctly.

Its just strange that the fan curve doesnt work on custom curve unless im doing something wrong.

Archived