Corsair Community

Firmware 5.41 ? Receiving random BSOD's..

MoRf3uS

Hello!

I just bought two Corsair Force GS 120GB drives (in Sweden). Both were installed on Intel based laptops with fresh installs of Windows 8.1 with all the latest updates, drivers, and BIOS updates.

One laptop is running just fine while the other seems to get BSOD when switching on the laptop. The error it gives is no boot device found. I'll have to reboot it once or twice and it will finally boot into windows.

Also, I've noticed after installing the toolbox software that it says the firmware version is 5.41. I can't seem to find any information about this firmware online anywhere (see screenshot). Also when trying to update firmware it says "Available Version: Unknown". Which is weird.

I have tried to look these issues up online and found somewhat similar issues that other people are having and was wondering if anyone found a definite way to fix this issue. Or should I just return it and exchange it for another brand?

Thank you so much!firmware.PNG.78b08fb799da2e4f266bae240a4852ea.PNG

firmware2.PNG.88e1fe947e7f2b7bcfc8504155930f9e.PNG

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

5.41 and 5.40 firmware owners are facing with this problem.

Silly Corsair, doesn't update to newer versions after 5.24 firmware.

Inside electronics are possibly Chinese origin, maybe there are different internal electronic plate versions. They do not know! in which model stays, inside....

Archived