Corsair Community

RGB Fans on Corsair H100iV2

Stilli

Hi all. I'm starting to plan a new PC and am looking at a 9700/9900k atm that will go into a Obsidian 500D RGB SE.

I have a h100iv2 sitting here that I won that I was planning on using to cool the chip. I was wanting to replace the stock fans on the cooler with some RGB fans. Therefore, I have 3 questions:

1: Which RGB fans should I use instead of the stock fans on the h100iv2.

2: If i have to get fans that are not LL120's, will icue and the commander pro still sync/work the rgb fans?

3: I was wanting add an extra fan to be used as a rear exhaust. Will a 3rd fan that is the same as the replacement fans on the cooler be fine?

Thanks in advance everyone!

Stilli

Hi Zotty I just realised I have another question. I don't know if it's dumb or not haha. Anyway, the 2 LL120 fans that will replace the stock fans on the h100iv2, are they supposed to be connected to the same place where the stock fans were or are they supposed to be connected to the commander pro? Just so everything sync's nicely

Thanks again, Stilli

for Fan Power (to spin) i would connect them to the Pump as intended.. this will allow the cooler to do it jobs regardless of OS or software operation..

RGB control will have to be through the RGB Fan LED Hub which is plugged into the Commander Pro

for Fan Power (to spin) i would connect them to the Pump as intended.. this will allow the cooler to do it jobs regardless of OS or software operation..

RGB control will have to be through the RGB Fan LED Hub which is plugged into the Commander Pro

Hi Zotty, sorry for the late reply. Are there individual wires for the RGB and the power? I always thought they were on the same wire?

Thanks, Stilli

Hi Zotty, sorry for the late reply. Are there individual wires for the RGB and the power? I always thought they were on the same wire?

Thanks, Stilli

Sorry buddy. Working away for a few days... as said,, yeah 2 connections on corsairs rgb fans.....

Archived