Corsair Community

Key Chatter

Volke

So over the course of 2~3 years, I've had the Vengence K70 and I'm on my second Vengence K95 RGB, all red cherry switches. My biggest problem with every single one is that after a short amount of time, the W key will start inputting itself one or two extra times. Games that require me to double tap or hold the key are frustrating because the keyboard ends up double/triple inputting and stopping the action, or releasing the hold. Sometimes it will occur when I'm typing normally as well, and I'm noticing with other keys too.

Is there any way to fix this? I've cleaned this thing so many times and it just gets worse as time goes by. I have tried to ask customer service for support, but they told me my warranty expired so it wasn't their problem. I've supported Corsair ever since I started PC gaming and I love their headsets and mice, but the keyboards have inconvenienced me for so long I feel like I'm just about done with them.

Wow. That's a bummer. I've downloaded the tool, just in case I ever need it. (New Strafe Mk 2; doing fine so far.) Still, it seems to me that if this problem happens often enough, it partly negates the reason to go mechanical over membrane.

Archived