Corsair Community

M65 RGB in Black issues regarding click button sesitivity.

metaSIN

Hey folks, I am having some issues here and was wondering if anyone can shed some light on their experiences with the M65 RGB clicker sensitivity, specifically the right click button and specifically the black version of this mouse. I cannot rest my finger whatsoever on the mouse without accidentally right clicking, I'm positive its not something that I'm going to get over.

I assumed it was maybe just a bad unit out of the batch until I tried the demo one at best buy and it was the same way. I've also since noted reviews highlighting this very point. I have this very mouse in the glossy white finish and it doesn't share this issue. Tested them both side by side at my house to find only the black version is plagued by this. I wish I could learn to love the white version cause I love everything about this mouse, but I can't deal with the finger slide factor on the glossy white finish. I also love the sabre RGB but it's simply not heavy enough for me (why am I so picky -_-)

Is there any salvation for me here with the M65 RGB or is this just a design issue that I won't be able to get passed? Has anyone found any units of the M65 RGB in black that don't share this issue?

Edit: Anyone have any ideas for some kind of griptape or such I could use to address the slick finish of the white m65 perhaps? Seems like I'm out of luck with the black version since the sensitivity issue seems to be a constant in every unit.

Bump...apparently I should have given the corsair website warrenty more studying since they apparently dont give refunds. I was almost gonna order a laser sabre just to see if maybe I'd get used to the weight but now it's not worth the risk. Anyone know of a really thin type of rubberized tape I could use or another method to deal with the slidey top of the white m65?

• Administrators
Bump...apparently I should have given the corsair website warrenty more studying since they apparently dont give refunds. I was almost gonna order a laser sabre just to see if maybe I'd get used to the weight but now it's not worth the risk. Anyone know of a really thin type of rubberized tape I could use or another method to deal with the slidey top of the white m65?

This may help:

Overall, I am enjoying this mouse. But I did not like the textured sides at all. My fingers kept slipping when doing 'lift up and reposition.' I found some GT-5000 Grip Tape on Amazon. Trimmed some up for the sides, and now I have a mouse with the texture I like. If anybody else has issues with the textured sides, I highly recommend this grip tape.

Archived