Corsair Community

I have a bad part but so far no issues

The Wizard_

Hello! I am new to this forum and hope you could help me with this matter.

About a month and a half ago I bought the CMZ8GX3M2A1600C9B for my MB. Last week I got a message from the Action Center regarding problems with the memory so I ran memtest86+ for approximately 9 hours on each stick. One came up with a single error while the other shows 38.

I do not know why but I just decided to test them on different sockets and for a longer period of time. The results were that one completed 19 pass with no errors and the other 17 but with a single error.

It seems that I have a faulty kit but the funny thing is, I have not experienced freezing, BSOD or any other issue yet.

What should I do, keep them until something happen or request an RMA?

Thanks in advance

I do not know why but I just decided to test them on different sockets and for a longer period of time. The results were that one completed 19 pass with no errors and the other 17 but with a single erro
r.

Sure sounds like the MB is your issue. Or even CPU. But the fact that they pass on other slots is what leads me to believe this.

You may want to contact the MB manufacturer and ask them about this.

Thanks for replying peanutz94, but I don't think it's a MB or CPU issue because my previous RAM was not even in the QVLs and it worked fine.

Yesterday, instead of waiting I decided to request an RMA which was approved and now I just have to ship them back.

Archived