Corsair Community

H100i GTX max pump speed?

redxyeti

ive been looking around for it for a bit because mine is maxing out at about ~3200rpm and was wondering if thats normal. other threads (about other versions of the h100) say the max pump speed for those is 2900rpm.

i sent in a ticket asking yesterday but didnt get a reply, so i thought id ask here. my cpu is often under 100% load and dont want to damage the pump or the cpu.

thanks in advance.

cool thanks

the quiet and balanced both sit at about 2040 sometimes dropping to 1900 but not often

i recently changed my q fan settings (to pwm/full speed) after looking around on these forums, which is what prompted this post.

OK, the low setting is pretty much on the mark, so I don't see any reason to be concerned. Mathematically, you have a more noticeable variance at the faster speeds. Also, most people do not see a meaningful difference in coolant temperature between the two settings, so you can always park it on Quiet for everything and not give up any performance. Feel free to experiment, but yes... do keep the header for the H100i v2 at 100%/full speed or "disabled" in the Advanced BIOS. Make all speed changes from within Link/iCUE.

alright cool.

kind of off topic question but i usually run the pump at performance and the fans at custom because they are loud as hell.

would you recommend i look at some replacement radiator fans? or is running the pump at performance for 8-10 hours a day, more or less okay?

The warranty is 5 years and there is no evidence to suggest running it faster will wear it out sooner. Regardless, it is still covered by the warranty and those that have problems do not have a worn out pump. I think MTBF is probably something like 40,000-50,000 hours. Good luck reaching that.

No reason to blast the fans. It doesn't help much and it is definitely loud. The obvious replacement in Corsair fans is the ML series (either black Pro or single color LED). There is a whole world of RGB fans as well, but that is a deep hole to dive into and has definite initial costs and physical requirements. Other choices out there too, but make sure you select a PWM motor fan (4 pin) so you can control it with the pump fan controller.

Archived