Corsair Community

Corsair H60 V2018 and Intel I9 7900X

fabioliberati

Hi to everyone!

This is my first post in the forum, and I hope could be helpful for any other in the future.

I am building a compact workstation inside a Phanteks Shift case (I hope it works :D).

I would like to use the new H60 2018 to cool an Intel I9 7900X. The choice is because I want to stay compact to allow a minimum of airflow in the case.

Do you think that adding a Fan for a Push/Pull configuration will help the CPU?

The H60 will be mounted on the bottom. The case is configured with an intake 140mm fan on the front bottom, and a 140mm exhaust fan in the front top.

And the GPU is a Titan X Pascal, because the size allows me to have a bit more space inside compared to the aftermarket solution.

The system will be not overclocked, it is not for gaming, but "just" for 3D, Production, Photoshop, etc: architects stuff.

Thanks to everyone in advance! I will keep updated with pics and thoughts!

Oh, that's the vertical tower case, isn't it? It is intriguing. I wish there was one twice the size. So theoretically a 120mm radiator can handle a 10 core CPU. When used on my Titan X (P), I would have a coolant delta in the +25-30C range at a steady 300w. Under a constant CPU load, I would expect something like +15C for what would like be a top end 180w load. That is about double the CPU delta you would see with a 2 panel radiator, but likely inconsequential for what seems to be most GPU specific loads. Push-pull might get you -3C in coolant temp and possibly worthwhile. If it would fit, I might lean toward the 140mm H90 (*product page suggests it does not). That would get you slightly more surface area and it has a wonderfully quiet 1500 rpm pump. It is a simple design with a good track record. We don't know much at all about the new H60. I have not seen pump speed data for it yet, but traditionally 120mm coolers need to have a faster cycle rate to offset the lack of radiator surface area.

I have looked at that case several times before today and I have a hard time visualizing the set-up. It seems like you have it down and I don't see a realistic way to orientate things other than the obvious bottom to top heat flow, as you have described. Love to see it when you are done.

Archived