Corsair Community

Alright! I got a new Scimitar! And wha...

Khazran

Hey Everyone/Corsair,

Been trying my best for the past 2 days to make this mice work using CUE 2.8.70 with no luck. Loves the mice tho, it's really comfortable (I don't want to bring it back to the vendor, it was a gift).

The thing is... I came across a LOT of issues using this software and I was wondering if it were still on BETA?

1. When I first installed the software an error occurred saying: "Corsair Utility Engine macro execution is not working properly. Please repair installation of Corsair Utility Engine."

Which I repaired and it did absolutely nothing.

2. Firmware update for Scimitar RGB (v1.06 to v2.04) fails instantly when I click update. Did some research, I tried ALL the USB plugs I could find in the house.

Also when I try to update, the mice just disappear from the list in CUE (have to unplug mice OR restart software).

3. When I try to update the Software, it says: "Update Check, The Corsair Utility Engine has detected an error during software update check."

4. Next is the config for Actions. Hmmm, it's really intuitive no problem what so ever... until software stop working and I lose all my macros I just created.

I really tried my best! I even tried the older version 1.16.42 that was available on corsair downloads page. Not going back there, the software was freezing instantly on start up.

Run as administrator and Compatibility Mode did not change a thing.

I might not be the brightest one, but on my point of view the Mice is not the issue here. When plugged in she acts like any other mice (Lights/dpi working properly).

What is the point of having a BIG guy with a 1 inch THICK ARMOR and the BIG sword (AKA Mice) with no GUTS and a fear of SPIDERS (AKA CUE)?

I apology for my temper! I love this product and I want to see it work properly. I don't want to think of Corsair as THAT business where $$$ means more than client satisfaction.

Keep in mind that I will do everything to make it work, the thing is, I can't do this alone!

If you guys could share some information to help me (and many others) fix these issues I would be really grateful.

Thanks and sorry for the somewhat long read.

A Big Fan.

I can't believe they let this happen... This program is the heart of their products, it controls EVERYTHING. It is a real shame. Really.

They will have to change things up soon cause the hate is real on this forum. And hate can grow fast.

I can't believe they let this happen... This program is the heart of their products, it controls EVERYTHING. It is a real shame. Really.

They will have to change things up soon cause the hate is real on this forum. And hate can grow fast.

Its Christmas break the devs are off. Have you contacted Corsair Support?

Khazran try using CUE1 for now, because imho CUE2 is still a work in progress. I have no trouble at all with CUE1 and scimitar mouse. Firmware upgrade with that and then try CUE2. Just out of curiosity are you running any anti virus/malware programs when installing and or running the program? How old is you installation of windows? Drivers for USB and such up to date?

Khazran try using CUE1 for now, because imho CUE2 is still a work in progress. I have no trouble at all with CUE1 and scimitar mouse. Firmware upgrade with that and then try CUE2. Just out of curiosity are you running any anti virus/malware programs when installing and or running the program? How old is you installation of windows? Drivers for USB and such up to date?

Yes I tried, Snoops, the latest version of CUE1. The issue I had is that the software freeze/stop working instantly when I press any kind of button on the UI. Therefor it is totally unusable.

Have the same issues bought the scimitar as a nice Christmas preset to myself but both cue one and two crashes randomly either after reboot or starting pc sadly even with a fresh install of win 10 64. having a razer keyboard with razer synapse no clue if it interfere

Archived