Corsair Community

Asus P5N32-SLI SE Deluxe memory compatibility

derekr

This motherboard is very new, so I can't seem to find this exact model on your compatibility list (only the non-SE version)...

The basic setup:

Core 2 Duo E6700

Asus P5N32-SLI SE Deluxe 1066/800MHz FSB

2GB DDR2 Ram (2x1GB)

The manual for this mobo doesn't list any Corsair modules in the 667MHz compatibility list. And only a couple smaller Value Select modules in the 533 MHz list.

From what I've read, this motherboard is NOT the same as the non-SE version (has core 2 duo support, but I can't seem to find what else) and don't want to assume the same RAM is compatible...maybe you can tell me directly what Corsair RAM will work with this? I want to get a fast, stable matched pair of 1GB modules (2GB total).

Also, I don't know much about the Intel FSB numbers....if it's 1066Mhz, would DDR2 533 really be all I need (533x2=1066)? It's confusing the heck out of me since you have DDR2-533 and DDR2-1066.

FYI I have no desire to overclock or tweak. Just want CPU, RAM, etc. things to be synchronized at their stock settings.

Thanks for your time,

Derek

• Corsair Employee
FYI I have no desire to overclock or tweak. Just want CPU, RAM, etc. things to be synchronized at their stock settings.

If you want it to be in sync then get DDR2-533 memory.

DDR2 Memory runs at:

DDR2-533 = 266 Clock Frequency

DDR2-667 = 333 Clock Frequency

DDR2-800 = 400 Clock Frequency

DDR2-1066 = 533Clock Frequency

Intel CPU:

533 MHz = 133 MHz Clock Freq. 133 X 4

800 MHz = 200 MHz Clock Freq. 200 X 4

1066 MHz = 266 MHz Clock Freq. 266 x 4

If you want it to be in sync then get DDR2-533 memory.

DDR2 Memory runs at:

DDR2-533 = 266 Clock Frequency

DDR2-667 = 333 Clock Frequency

DDR2-800 = 400 Clock Frequency

DDR2-1066 = 533Clock Frequency

Intel CPU:

533 MHz = 133 MHz Clock Freq. 133 X 4

800 MHz = 200 MHz Clock Freq. 200 X 4

1066 MHz = 266 MHz Clock Freq. 266 x 4

Hi Ram Guy,

Does it matter if the CPU and Memory are in sync with regards to frequency.

I am just about to buy the Asus P5N32-SLI SE Deluxe motherboard everyone is talking about here and saw your suggestion for the TWIN2X2048-5400c4 memory.

Will my system work alright? I have never overclocked but would if needed.

Thanks

Dominic

"So will TWIN2X2048-8500C5 actually run at 1066 on this mobo with a Conroe processor?"

I doubt it but you are welcome to try it.

I have been trying this for a few days with no success at all with my X6800 processor. Why won't the memory work at its rated speed? What ram voltage wouyld you recommend? Thanks in advance.

EDIT: Ok I see it's the mobo that doesn't support 1066 memory speeds. It is working at 800 though. I should have saved some serious $$$ and went with a 800 speed memory with tighter timings.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
I would suggest Twin2x2048-6400C4 as the best choice for this MB.

I can run both DIMMS in my board... Only one until Asus fixes it...

If you have any suggestions for me on how to get these working properly it would be GREATLY appreciated. So far I have set them 667 (unstable), 800 (just won't work), I have had a little success setting manually setting them at 4-4-4-12-2 but its still unstable. I don't know what else todo.

So I wouldn't recommend TWIN2X2048-6400C4 for now

• 2 months later...
I would suggest TWIN2X2048-5400c4 for that MB they will run great!

I would suggest Twin2x2048-6400C4 as th best choice for this MB.

For the love of God can someone at Corsair provide a difinitive answer on what RAM to use with this motherboard!!!!!

Throughout this forum there is contradictary advice repeatedly and for new users it's both confusing and off putting.

Unfortunately due to reasons outlined to you earlier I'm stuck with Corsair TWIN2x2048-6400 - 2gb in total installed (cm2x1024-6400 xms6405v4.1) on a P5N32 SLI SE Deluxe motherboard. Can this configuration be stable at all and if so how please?

There is not "one" ram that will run better than all other ram. It's not a case of One Ring to Rule them All.

Both Rams offered to you will run well. The TWIN2X2048-5400c4 will make great 533Mhz bandwidth which is at a 1:1 (266:533 CPU:DRAM, keeping in mind that the 533 is dual channel) ratio with your CPU. However, your motherboard will allow for you to use a higher DRAM ratio than 1:1 and you can run it in 266:800 (2:3) which would be the Twin2x2048-6400C4 modules.

So the choice is yours:

1. The TWIN2X2048-5400c4 at a 1:1 ratio

2. The TWIN2X2048-6400C4 at a 2:3 ratio

This is not overclocking. The CPU runs at stock and the ram in both cases runs at stock. Therefore #1 is a great choice and #2 is one of the best choices.

Either will perform well witlh your system.

OK, thanks for the post but I was asking about neither one of these modules. If you were to read back thru my posts my problem relates to a different RAM module but the same board.

I have a Corsair matched memory TWIN2x2048-6400 (cm2x1024-6400 xms6405v4.1) that I was sold as being compatable on an ASUS P5N32 SLI SE Deluxe motherboard and would run at 800mhz.

I cannot get this setup to run on XP, XPx64, or Vista Ultimate for more than a few days without crashing repeatedly. I've tried at 800, 667, and at various timings and voltages.

I'm not a gamer and not an experienced system builder but I am competent enough to follow instructions to achieve a stable setup. I've spent hours going thru forums on Corsair, ASUS, and many other enthusiast sites and I'm now just more confused than ever. My system setup is as follows:

Motherboard: ASUS P5N32-SLI SE Deluxe (bios 0603)

Processor: Core 2 Duo E6700

Memory: Corsair TWIN2x2048-6400 (5-5-5-12) 2gb Installed

Video Card # 1: XFX GT7900 256mb

Video Card # 2: XFX GT7900 256mb

Hard Drive # 1: Seagate Barracuda 80gb x 2 (Raid0)

Hard Drive # 2: Seagate Barracuda 500gb x 2 (Raid0)

Optical Drive # 1: Asustek DRW-1608P3S

Optical Drive # 2: Asustek DVD-E616P3

Power Supply: OCZ-520ADJ SLI

Case: Thermaltake Tsunami

Sound Card: Realtek ALC850 onboard audio

Monitor: Dell 20'' LCD, Legend 30'' LCD

Can someone who is either using the same setup or who knows they are providing stable settings please give me some advice, I would appreciate it. If I am wasting my time with this module/board combo then pls tell me as I'll replace one of them and given ASUS cannot commit this board to thier 'Vista Ready' list then the cheaper option may have to be the board.

Thanks....

• Corsair Employee

dfarbridge

You should really start your own thread!

I have tested this MB with one set of Twin2x2048-6400 with out problems at 800 MHz.

Have you tested the system with http://www.memtest.org, and if so are you getting errors?

Also with this MB you would have to set the memory Voltage to 2.1 Volts and I would Disable legacy USB when running any memory test!

dfarbridge

You should really start your own thread!

I have tested this MB with one set of Twin2x2048-6400 with out problems at 800 MHz.

Have you tested the system with http://www.memtest.org, and if so are you getting errors?

I'm unable to start a thread according to the system... anyway thanks for the reply will run tests and post results. However in the bios release notes for this board under rev 0501 (I'm on 0601) which read;

P5N32-SLI SE Deluxe BIOS version 0501

1. Increase DDR 800 stability

Is it fair to say that this is a little confusing?

Also with this MB you would have to set the memory Voltage to 2.1 Volts and I would Disable legacy USB when running any memory test

When I set to 2.10V the bios highlihts it red and gives a warning that it's too high

That would suggest a power problem and I would suggest testing the memory in another system.

I'm unable to test in another system.

I can tell you that a test of the RAM with memtest resulted in no errors after several passes on each stick individually.

Tech Support have now advised me to RMA the modules though I cannot tell you why as they have given me no info.

My concern now is that RMA process will leave me with nothing for a while due to Xmas and still result in my having a module that is not on the qvl list and not stable with this board.

Can I ask or make a suggestion that if this RAM is as you say quite compatible with this board, then why is there not a performance report available or test been performed from Corsair?

My concern now is that RMA process will leave me with nothing for a while due to Xmas and still result in my having a module that is not on the qvl list and not stable with this board.

I can certainly understand your concern. Corsair is willing to RMA for you. However, every time that I have had memory pass memtest it has been other components that were at issue, not the RAM.

This has been my experience so I can see how frustrating it would be to go through the RMA and find that the issue is something else. If you were located in the Lower Mainland of British Columbia I would certainly be here to help with a testbed analysis.

If you were located in the Lower Mainland of British Columbia I would certainly be here to help with a testbed analysis.

Ha Ha alas I'm in New Zealand which increases no doubt the RMA length of time for Corsair to return anything... Do you have experience with the RMA replacements because I'm now wondering if it's possible to swap memory modules in the process as like I say I'm possibly only going to recieve back the same problem?

I have asked RAMGUY just now via the forum why if this module is said to be compatible whatever the stettings might be, why is there not a performance report been done or made available online with Corsair? Certainly it would help and force everyone to seek out other potential causes....

Archived