Corsair Community

3.3.103 Released

Mapantz

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Already found a bug.. I like to have my temp sensors showing a large graph in the dashboard, they have disappeared. If I disable/enable commander pro, and then drag the temp sensors over to the dashboard, they vanish after 2 seconds. :sigh!:

Everything from the commander pro disappears if dragged outside of the pane.

CPU usage is higher too. Consistently 3% and above.

Update only in use for 20 minutes, and I already want to downgrade. Quite ridiculous.

Already found a bug.. I like to have my temp sensors showing a large graph in the dashboard, they have disappeared. If I disable/enable commander pro, and then drag the temp sensors over to the dashboard, they vanish after 2 seconds. :sigh!:

Everything from the commander pro disappears if dragged outside of the pane.

I've not seen this at all ... and I have quite a bit dragged "out of" the CoPro on the dashboard.

CPU usage is higher too. Consistently 3% and above.

See my previous post.

Update only in use for 20 minutes, and I already want to downgrade. Quite ridiculous.

Always an option. But I've found the fan control to be much better so I'm not about to downgrade. Also, the static lighting bug that so many have complained about is fixed.

I've not seen this at all ... and I have quite a bit dragged "out of" the CoPro on the dashboard.

I have rebooted an reinstalled, still does it. It's only items from the commander pro - they all disappear if I move them out to make them bigger.

Anyone have a link to v3.2.87? I honestly had very few issues with that version and very low cpu usage. Now I am having cpu usage in the 15-17% range. Can't seem to find a link for the older version on Corsairs site.

I didn't notice any problems with CPU usage, though you need to have things to compare it to. This client is monitoring your system processes, stats, controlling lights, and controlling fans. There will be some CPU usage, more so when you are working with it. Keep in mind this is an early release and I am betting they will optimize it.

Keep in mind games generally hit GPU bottlenecks, before they hit CPU bottle necks. Also 3% isn't horrible, I have seen Gigabyte's RGB Fusion hit 17% in some version, now that is annoying!

CPU usage is higher, depending on your hardware setup. Minimizing (rather than closing) helps somewhat. It does seem to impact the -v2 coolers more than other devices but, overall, it is higher than the previous version.

11% is excessive. I don't care what sort of things I have, that CPU usage is way too high.

For record, I have

K70

M65

MM800

H100i v2

Void Wireless

Commander Pro

6x HD 120

4x RGB Strips

I didn't notice any problems with CPU usage, though you need to have things to compare it to. This client is monitoring your system processes, stats, controlling lights, and controlling fans. There will be some CPU usage, more so when you are working with it. Keep in mind this is an early release and I am betting they will optimize it.

Keep in mind games generally hit GPU bottlenecks, before they hit CPU bottle necks. Also 3% isn't horrible, I have seen Gigabyte's RGB Fusion hit 17% in some version, now that is annoying!

You're correct, 3% wouldn't be bad for the features that iCue performs. But as I stated above, 3% is what I was getting with 3.2.87. With 3.3.130 is is between 15% & 17%. Believe it or not, on a CCL cooled i7-7700k this is equating to a 6-8c temp increase. Yes I know, the 7700k is notorious for temp spikes under load, but the load is the point here.

You're correct, 3% wouldn't be bad for the features that iCue performs. But as I stated above, 3% is what I was getting with 3.2.87. With 3.3.130 is is between 15% & 17%. Believe it or not, on a CCL cooled i7-7700k this is equating to a 6-8c temp increase. Yes I know, the 7700k is notorious for temp spikes under load, but the load is the point here.

I noticed that after I posted as imgur and similar sites are blocked at work. Is is a constant 15-17% or is it just spiking. Are you doing anything with the UI, when that is occurring, is the UI displayed? The more details the better we have to go by. How is it if the UI is minimized/in tray. I will check my system when I go home, I am running the older version. Lastly did you do the same test with the older versions?

I noticed that after I posted as imgur and similar sites are blocked at work. Is is a constant 15-17% or is it just spiking. Are you doing anything with the UI, when that is occurring, is the UI displayed? The more details the better we have to go by. How is it if the UI is minimized/in tray. I will check my system when I go home, I am running the older version. Lastly did you do the same test with the older versions?

Constant. The lowest I have seen it drop since rebooting 40 minutes ago was 14.7%. And all CPU utilization is measured with iCue minimized in the system tray, no dashboard or monitoring setup. A single-layered lighting link profile across all devices (Basic Rainbow Wave/Right/Medium) and default fan and pump profiles in the CCL.

I will check mine before I update and update and test it out.

Also could some of you edit your sig to put the Corsair Products you are using in iCue?

Mine are fully listed under my username using the drop-down "Tairom's PC Specs"

some bugs i found :sigh!:

1) H100i GTX is detected as H80i GT

2) some icons are very small, probably only on high dpi displays, not sure

3) extreme cpu usage as mentioned before

I have always wondered, as an uninformed American, why in Europe a comma is used in place of a decimal point in numerical values.

As I mentioned before, CPU usage is higher. It appears to be higher in some hardware setups than others. The -v2 coolers seem to be hit especially hard.

Personally, I've found that minimizing, rather than closing, the iCue window helps somewhat - by a couple of percent. It's also higher at startup than after it's been running for a while.

But ... at least the static lighting bug is fixed, right?

Corsair is very much aware of the issue and they are working on it. I do not, however, have an ETA on this.

I don't know if it is just me (can't remember the version before) but the colour modes seem different. Some seem far faster; rain for instance.. it's now an epileptic fit mode. Colour wave is no longer smooth, it has horrible pauses as moves around. Visor has gone weird as well, the LED's are flickering. Overall, this is the worst release to date. The best release was the first one; each release after that has gotten worse.

Archived