Corsair Community

H115i Platinum RGB pump LEDs flickered now completely off.

Nbols

I bought the Corsair H115i Platinum RGB CPU-cooler about 5 days ago together with the rest of my rig and must say it has been cooling very good! Max around 55C during Battlefield 5 with everything on ultra and DXR on! (core i7-9700K)

The cooler has always been recognised in iCue software and the nirsoft USB device viewer also recognises the pump.

The LEDs on the fans have been working smooth all this time. However from day one I already noticed that the LEDs on the pump housing (logo plus ring) were sometimes flickering... mostly just in intensity but sometimes nearly off and then back on. I then reduced the brightness to about 65% and the flickering seemed gone.

Unfortunately now after day 5 the pump housing LEDs have completely turned off and they do not respond anymore. I tried with rebooting and wiggling the cables and different settings and firmware update in iCUE but alas only the fans have RGB at the moment.

Is there anything else I could be missing or is this a guaranteed RMA?

Thanks!

Update: Post #10: This may be due to bad cable connections in the pump after all.

• Corsair Employee

Hello!

I would drain the sata power for about 15 seconds and see if this helps. Are you using any type of adapter for the sata power? Be sure to direct connect it to a sata power line from your PSU or try a completely different sata power line and see if you get the same results.

Hello!

I would drain the sata power for about 15 seconds and see if this helps. Are you using any type of adapter for the sata power? Be sure to direct connect it to a sata power line from your PSU or try a completely different sata power line and see if you get the same results.

Hello!

Thanks I will try this. It is connected to it's own sata cable (last connector of 4 on the cable) that came with the PSU. I will try one of the leftover cables. The PSU is on multi rail mode btw in the iCue software.

Weirdly; I left the computer off overnight (win shut down, still connected to power outlet) and when I booted this morning it immediately came on again. It was however at 100% brightness and started flickering between about 50% and 100%. I turned back the brightness in the software and again it seemed smooth.

Just as I tried filming the flickering by turning the brightness back up it seemed smooth. Then when I opened and closed battle.net it started flickering again so I thought maybe it's connected to a load situation? I then started battle.net and steam at the same time and the LED completely shut down again and now a restart doesn't do it again. Have this on film.

Will try and see what a different sata cable does but the pump seems to have sufficient stable power?

Edit: And just as I finish typing this it suddenly came on again...

Edit2: And one minute later it's off again :(

Edit 3: when you say a different power line on the PSU is any random one fine? I have the Corsair HX750i is there any logic to the ports I wonder?

Thanks!

Hi Nbols i just fitted mine today and no pump rgb at all, fan rgb is fine, starting to think this is a H115i plat problem

Hello, it does seem to behave oddly sometimes. I'll keep checking as mentioned above with a new cable soon..

Hello!

Ok so i tried different power line, and a different SATA cable now and while it stays on again the occasional flickering is still there sometimes goes nearly off and then back up to power.

Anything else like BIOS settings you could think of or maybe related to PUMP curve? I have the Pump on Extreme and the Fans on a custom curve between balanced and extreme.

I'm assuming this is a issue with the h115i plat?

Posted in another thread:

Hey everyone, this is a known issue and the team is actively working on getting a solution for this. Several users have been very helpful with this and we hope to have a solution soon. One option you could utilize - is the Hardware Lighting playback. This could be used by users who are currently experiencing this issue.

As other mentions, you can use a static light effect and the disconnect shouldn't occur. But in the meantime, if you want to use these RGB effects, click on "Lighting Effect" and underneath it, you should see "Hardware Lighting".

You will have to remove either the Link cable or close iCue afterwards, but this would allow users to use these RGB effects. This is just a temporary solution till we work out the issue. Sorry for the trouble this has caused anyone.

I'm assuming this is a issue with the h115i plat?

Posted in another thread:

Thanks! I've been following that thread and do think it might be the service as well. But I've never had any disconnect problems as mentioned not even using the different RGB effects. I only hear the first connect sound just after logging in when my corsair RAM and the cooler both take on the lighting link profile.

I always have a static blue color on. Changed the CPU FAN to voltage control 100% (even though the platinum doesn't take power from the fan header) and also put windows on always performance power setting. Seems to be more stable now although I can still catch a flicker every once and then in the corner of my eye..

I'm gonna keep an eye on it until the next software update I guess since the cooling performance is solid.

Update:

Ok today the pump started without any light at all. Restarted iCUE service after boot and did nothing, same as changing the lights (fans do respond).

I fell back to maybe it's a hardware problem.. slightly wiggled the cables coming out the top and lo and behold.. flickering light again immediately.. Now with added effects.. not only flickering in the color I chose in iCue but also random changing to different colors.

I'm an electrician and paid great care because of the multitude and flimsiness of the wires coming out of the pump. I just routed them up over the motherboard and directly into a cable guard so no tension was ever put on these wires going into the pump during further install.

I think this is just a bad connection out of the box after all. Again cooling performance has been great all the time.

I have the same problem. I just install my new H115i RGB PLATINUM 280mm Liquid CPU Cooler. And no LED lights working on the water block/pump. The fan LEDs work just fine. I have tried different USB headers on my MB and nothing works. It shows that the LED lights are working in ICUE but they are not. I submitted a trouble ticket to Corsair on the 30th and still no response yet.

• 1 month later...
Just received and tested my 2nd (replacement) unit out of the pc so cables were not pulled around and still no pump RGB but ique shows its working.?

I just received my third H115i RGB Platinum unit directly from Corsair support.

I have exactly the same problem as others describe.

iCUE shows all LED's, cooling works, SATA works (cause if you take SATA out pumphead stops and fan LEDs stop), but no LED in the pumphead.

Third unit with same fail.... I'm quite sure Corsair have a major problem here.

PS: Tried this in two different motherboards, switched SATA, Switched USB cables, Wiggled everything, restart service, software and firmware upgrades, checked everything multiple times... I'm an IT professional so I know what I'm doing....

This is not a trivial problem, Corsair has an issue with these units - Obviously, cause even if we somehow can manage to get this working, it is not acceptable to sell a unit that is so extremely difficult to get working - this should work on all systems or at least come with a very detailed disclaimer about which systems this does not work on.

I have spend a good 10 hours on this over two weeks.

Main:

Asus Z170 gaming with i7-6700

Testbench:

ASUS H97M+ with i5-4590

• 2 weeks later...
I just received my third H115i RGB Platinum unit directly from Corsair support.

I have exactly the same problem as others describe.

iCUE shows all LED's, cooling works, SATA works (cause if you take SATA out pumphead stops and fan LEDs stop), but no LED in the pumphead.

Third unit with same fail.... I'm quite sure Corsair have a major problem here.

PS: Tried this in two different motherboards, switched SATA, Switched USB cables, Wiggled everything, restart service, software and firmware upgrades, checked everything multiple times... I'm an IT professional so I know what I'm doing....

This is not a trivial problem, Corsair has an issue with these units - Obviously, cause even if we somehow can manage to get this working, it is not acceptable to sell a unit that is so extremely difficult to get working - this should work on all systems or at least come with a very detailed disclaimer about which systems this does not work on.

I have spend a good 10 hours on this over two weeks.

Main:

Asus Z170 gaming with i7-6700

Testbench:

ASUS H97M+ with i5-4590

I have now received answer from Corsair support. They are aware of the problem and say they will fix it in a software/firmware release, but they can't say when...

While I understand that they can't promise anything, just saying nothing is pretty bad service. I once waited three years for a similar bios firmware to fix an issue, actually the item was almost out of service before the fix arrived - That's not going to happen this time. When Corsair can't be more specific I'm obviously returning my units and will be looking for another brand.

Cheers, Kasper

Archived