Corsair Community

Macro and keystroke does not work. Only TEXT does.

A couple of hours ago I got myself a K95 RGB and so far I love it.

However, I am unable to get macros and keystrokes to work! Only the text action is working.

I've googled, searched the forums and tried everything I can think of for the last two hours without any luck.

I read that I should enable "hardware playback" but I can't find that option anywhere in CUE!

Am I completely blind or am I doing something completely wrong? Everything else works fine but macros and keystrokes.

Macros and keystrokes currently don't work with eachother. Sorry. In the future you'll probably be able to with LUA scripting.

I actually just want to use keystrokes but both macros and keystrokes won't work. I have tried with only keystrokes and only macros.

I just need to rebind some keys to the macro keys and I'll be good for life.

I'll bring this up with corsair James.

Thank you! :D:

I actually just want to use keystrokes but both macros and keystrokes won't work. I have tried with only keystrokes and only macros.

I just need to rebind some keys to the macro keys and I'll be good for life.

Thank you! :D:

What keys are you trying to bind? Also, what applications are you trying to use them in?

What keys are you trying to bind? Also, what applications are you trying to use them in?

In the default preset I want to bind the arrow keys to the middle and bottom set of macro keys, as well as shift + left/right. That's how I had it configured with my Logitech G510.

In other applications like Gimp for example, I bind the key shortcuts to the different editing tools. Usually a single key press or shift/alt + key press.

In a very few sets of applications I want to rebind the regular keys as well. Again, no macros or text boxes, just single or combined key presses.

I've halted my work on coloring the keys in all the application profiles I want to use because of this. Certain software has key bindings you can't change and makes one hell of a layout. Here is how I have set it up for Deckadance. Rebinding the keys to a more logical layout would be so much easier.

[ame=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kyYdqwUc69c]video[/ame]

In the default preset I want to bind the arrow keys to the middle and bottom set of macro keys, as well as shift + left/right. That's how I had it configured with my Logitech G510.

In other applications like Gimp for example, I bind the key shortcuts to the different editing tools. Usually a single key press or shift/alt + key press.

In a very few sets of applications I want to rebind the regular keys as well. Again, no macros or text boxes, just single or combined key presses.

I've halted my work on coloring the keys in all the application profiles I want to use because of this. Certain software has key bindings you can't change and makes one hell of a layout. Here is how I have set it up for Deckadance. Rebinding the keys to a more logical layout would be so much easier.

video

Can you take a screenshot of one of the macros in CUE?

Can you take a screenshot of one of the macros in CUE?

I have none right now because they don't work but I'll create one.

There is one keystroke for the left arrow button assigned to G16.

The profiles are uploaded to the keyboard's memory.

It does not work.

http://i.imgur.com/4ZaskcV.png

http://i.imgur.com/6MRAoXZ.png

Ok so the reason you cant do macros and actions is because of how macros are implemented.

The RGB series uses Software based macros which means the keyboard when plugged in makes virtual keyboards.

When you activate a macro it preforms the action through the virtual keyboard.

If you want it as a key and a command it becomes really messy. Goggle for more info.

Hardware macros arent great either because cheating software catches on to that crap really quickly and windows firewall will throw a fit.

Ok so the reason you cant do macros and actions is because of how macros are implemented.

The RGB series uses Software based macros which means the keyboard when plugged in makes virtual keyboards.

When you activate a macro it preforms the action through the virtual keyboard.

If you want it as a key and a command it becomes really messy. Goggle for more info.

Hardware macros arent great either because cheating software catches on to that crap really quickly and windows firewall will throw a fit.

So I have a keyboard that doesn't support macros or actions? What the heck is the point of 18 macro keys if it doesn't work then?

Software or hardware key output doesn't matter to me as long as it outputs the key presses I tell the keyboard to do.

I'm also not entirely sure what you mean with "a key and a command" and I don't know what I should look up with that sentence. I don't want macros or text output. I just want to map/remap the keys to simple key presses. :(:

Also how does Windows Firewall have anything to do with key inputs? I can see anti-cheating software reacting to it but I don't really game much anymore.

Side note: I never had any issues with macros and anti-cheat software on my Logitech G510.

Oh if all you want it to out put a series of key strokes, then just record a macro and bind it to the key you want.

It supports macros it doesnt support 1 key performing 2 functions.

just look up how software based macros work, and Logitech has been making keyboards for a longer time so they got everything all figure out.

Oh if all you want it to out put a series of key strokes, then just record a macro and bind it to the key you want.

It supports macros it doesnt support 1 key performing 2 functions.

just look up how software based macros work, and Logitech has been making keyboards for a longer time so they got everything all figure out.

Yeah, I only want one key to do one function. For example G14 to arrow up and G15 to shift + arrow left, which does register fine when creating a keystroke action.

The issue is that when I assign a macro or keystroke to any key, it doesn't do anything. The key responds to the Type Lightning key effect but it doesn't output any key presses.

Text actions set to Typing works perfectly fine.

This is what I am testing now:

http://i.imgur.com/O3mNcPz.png

Keystroke:

Text: Hi!

Macro:

Above I hit the keys G16, G17 and G18 (manually wrote keystroke, text and macro) and as you can see, only the text box outputs anything.

For rebinding regular keys I can use the text block but software that requires me to hold down a key will have issues with this. I can not bind Ctrl, Alt, Shift, arrows or other special keys.

Okay so...

I just recorded a macro using the macro record button my keyboard and without thinking about it, it played back the macro fine. After I noticed it I tried to rebind (not use actions) G14, 16, 17, and 18 to the arrow keys and it is now working like it should.

Keystrokes also work but they don't work quite as I was expecting.

When I press and hold the button I have assigned a keystroke to, it does the keystroke once and that's it. I know I can set it to repeat while I hold it down but that's not how I wished it worked and it makes certain things impossible to do.

If I could put in a feature/update request:

Please add the option to have the keystroke being held down as long as the assigned key is being held down.

Macros, rebindings and keystrokes worked until today. Now they are just as dead as before.

Nothing new has been installed. No new software or Windows updates has been installed and I can't "kickstart" it with recording a macro like last time.

Is it possible to view some sort of log for CUE or open a debugging setting?

Macros, rebindings and keystrokes worked until today. Now they are just as dead as before.

Nothing new has been installed. No new software or Windows updates has been installed and I can't "kickstart" it with recording a macro like last time.

Is it possible to view some sort of log for CUE or open a debugging setting?

CUE does store logs

Settings -> Support -> view logs.

And no you can not debug that isnt enabled in the public release.

CUE does store logs

Settings -> Support -> view logs.

And no you can not debug that isnt enabled in the public release.

Thank you.

When I try to record a macro or play back a macro, use a keystroke or a rebinded key it says the following for each time I press a button:

[2015-03-25T17:41:20]: MacroCommand/Win: Writing failed: overlapped_result=0.

There doesn't seem to be any more useful information in the logs :/

I had the same problem while trying to get the keyboard to work on Windows XP x64. Turns out it was because I couldn't get the driver installed, once I figured out how to install the driver everything worked OK. Maybe you didn't get the driver installed? If you open the device manager and select View->Devices by connection you should see something like the attached image.

1772164841_Corsairdriver.png.347a668486221236efed882474425ac4.png

I had the same problem while trying to get the keyboard to work on Windows XP x64. Turns out it was because I couldn't get the driver installed, once I figured out how to install the driver everything worked OK. Maybe you didn't get the driver installed? If you open the device manager and select View->Devices by connection you should see something like the attached image.

The virtual keyboard driver is installed and running fine according to Windows right now. I can check it next time macros stops working.

In other news: The keyboard light freezes if I hold down the Caps Lock key.

If i hit Caps Lock like normal, a quick key press, it works fine but if I hold it down for what feels like half a second, the light freezes.

[2015-04-01T06:18:15]: Buffer apply for RGB key matrix failed. request timed out

About 50 of these: [2015-04-01T06:18:15]: Buffer apply for RGB key matrix cannot be performed as writing to buffer was not successful.

[2015-04-01T06:18:20]: Buffer apply for RGB key matrix failed.Execution result = 0, result = 0, platform error code = 121.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived