Corsair Community

I cant update my firmware

raptor32

I cant update . I think I get to late for updates 1.3.3 my firmware but in here its 5.02 :(:

can anyone say me how can update this. :confused:

Yes Iaheve downloaded last update and tried but it has an X on my Force gt III .

Thanks for help.

01.thumb.JPG.45eddf2aa442d3d5981919f69bffc6f5.JPG

Your screenshot show that you are still using "AMD Sata Controller" Driver.

You did not changed the driver to Standard AHCI (Microsoft), but it's neccesary to do that.

Also make sure you plugged it into that controller, not the marvel one.

To switch driver, right click on it and choose change driver, than choose manually choose a driver and then "from location, show combatible hardware only and doubleclick on "Standard AHCI 1.0 Serial ATA Controller". It needs a restart, afterwards.

So do it first and stop complaining anything else!

When you are finished with the driver-change and the reboot, try again to update firmware.

When finally finished you can switch back to driver "AMD SATA Controller".

Btw:

Did you really ask us to find out which of the sata-connectors on your motherboard belong to which controller? Ask the the manufacturer/vendor/reseller or to repeat jeroompfe's words: Just read the fine manual.

You did not changed the driver to Standard SATA (Microsoft), but it's neccesary to that.

Is this true? I'm using AMD's AHCI driver so it'd be good to know if this is exact. If it is then I guess I'll keep updating when necessary with a Win7 Live CD since it gave me no issues.

You did not changed the driver to Standard AHCI (Microsoft), but it's neccesary to do that.

Also make sure you plugged it into that controller, not the marvel one.

To switch driver, right click on it and choose change driver, than choose manually choose a driver and then "from location, show combatible hardware only and doubleclick on "Standard AHCI 1.0 Serial ATA Controller". It needs a restart, afterwards.

So do it first and stop complaining anything else!

When you are finished with the driver-change and the reboot, try again to update firmware.

When finally finished you can switch back to driver "AMD SATA Controller".

Btw:

Did you really ask us to find out which of the sata-connectors on your motherboard belong to which controller???

Anything else you are not able to do on your own? Maybe clean your panties, want some dinner? :D Nevermind, ask the the manufacturer/vendor/reseller or to repeat jeroompfe's words: Just read the fine manual.

Thanks genius. Yep you are right at fist massage I have tired with amd SAta controller driver

Then CutMyThoat said to use Microsoft Sata Contoller. And I tired it. but nothing changed. But ı dont remember may be I wil be forgetten to restart after deleting Amd sata contoller driver(Not sure). when I go back home I will try and write here.

Complaning!!!! Ohh I am crying. come on come and clean my pantiessss. Yes ı will like a free dinner.

I ask for an help. becasuse ı think my firmware is 1.3.3 here 5.03 so many firmware may be published so I cant update from here (Some updates need older updates..)

In the other hand thanks for your help/advice.

Is this true? I'm using AMD's AHCI driver so it'd be good to know if this is exact. If it is then I guess I'll keep updating when necessary with a Win7 Live CD since it gave me no issues.

There are various AMD-controller. You didn't said wich exact controller you got and he didn't, too.

See, i have the chipset 990fx (AM3+), that's AMDs most actual chipset with latest AMD-Sata-Controller.

For me and many others it is impossible to update the firmware without changing the driver to microsofts standard. So why do you ask others if this is true, instead of giving it a try. Do you think i tell this to you because i NOT want to help him? WTF

The AMD-Sata-Controller driver may just work only for you. Do you think the corsair field updater is tested with every single sata-driver in the world or basically with the MS standard AHCI 1.0 controller driver?

That driver is surely save for upgrade and this driver is THE fallback driver for any kind of compatibility reasons (i.e. switching motherboard to one with different sata-controller would bsod during boot without this driver).

Why a win7-boot cd? If you want it never to brick your drive during FW upgrade you will more likely need UPS.

Please just DO execute the "help"-commands, if you really want help. :)

Oh you said you may didn't reboot? You may did changed nothing. Please AT LEAST pay attention what you are doing and remembering what you were doing. I dont know and i dont bother if you take non of the steps to fix it. Your problem. Thanks.

Im sry for offending you.

There are various AMD-controller. You didn't said wich exact controller you got and he didn't, too.

See, i have the chipset 990fx (AM3+), that's AMDs most actual chipset with latest AMD-Sata-Controller.

For me and many others it is impossible to update the firmware without changing the driver to microsofts standard. So why do you ask others if this is true, instead of giving it a try. Do you think i tell this to you because i NOT want to help him? WTF

The AMD-Sata-Controller driver may just work only for you. Do you think the corsair field updater is tested with every single sata-driver in the world or basically with the MS standard AHCI 1.0 controller driver?

That driver is surely save for upgrade and this driver is THE fallback driver for any kind of compatibility reasons (i.e. switching motherboard to one with different sata-controller would bsod during boot without this driver).

Why a win7-boot cd? If you want it never to brick your drive during FW upgrade you will more likely need UPS.

Please just DO execute the "help"-commands, if you really want help. :)

Oh you said you may didn't reboot? You may did changed nothing. Please AT LEAST pay attention what you are doing and remembering what you were doing. I dont know and i dont bother if you take non of the steps to fix it. Your problem. Thanks.

Im sry for offending you.

Tired nothing again.

06.thumb.JPG.a4ac0bcedd0faf6ba4e00e6e7df47978.JPG

Are you sure now that it is not connected through Marvel-Controller?

You didn't answered one of my first questions. Did you setup SATA mode AHCI in BIOS?

yesterday it doesnot update firmware.

Today I tired it again.

and it updated with like this

thank you very much for your help.You are great.

07.thumb.JPG.41a7ef070afff13f635cf98eb2a3a9d1.JPG

Hehe, you are welcome. Dont forget to re-apply original driver via driv- manager or if unsure just reinstall latest SATA-chipset-driver:

http://support.amd.com/us/gpudownload/windows/Pages/raid_windows.aspx#2

P.S.: One reason it didn't worked yesterday, but today,may be that you not eaten up all that you got for dinner yesterday, but today you got. :-D

Im sry to say that it's pretty obvious that you did something wrong yesterday.

Hehe, you are welcome. Dont forget to re-apply original driver via driv- manager or if unsure just reinstall latest SATA-chipset-driver:

http://support.amd.com/us/gpudownload/windows/Pages/raid_windows.aspx#2

P.S.: One reason it didn't worked yesterday, but today,may be that you not eaten up all that you got for dinner yesterday, but today you got. :-D

Im sry to say that it's pretty obvious that you did something wrong yesterday.

My be I think the diffirence is ,as you see in 07.jpeg, other sata drivers were installed but in 6 only standard sata achi driver was installed.

thanks again.

See you in next firmware update .

1: Repeatedly benching your drive WILL degrade the performance. You are writing huge chunks of data every time you bench it. Leave it alone for a bit and let TRIM work its magic

2: When/if you do bench it again, test it with ATTO. That is the benchmark used to document the original performance spex and thus the only 1 we officially recognize here.

My benchs are getting worse with new update :mad:

you can see at Before Then.JPG . I dont understand why :confused::confused:

No it's getting worse with heavy usage.

You should have left at least 10-15% free on the drive for TRIM doing any magic, more is better.

I agree to Yellowbeard, that posting your ASSSD-, CrystalDisk, PCMark, etc-Screenshots, no matter what you see them in- or decreasing, does not help anyone. I believe you do more errors to the drive in 1 month, when permanently benching, than there would occur on the drive during 2 years normal use, so better not touch it any more. The ASSSD-results are, from what i can tell - and thats the problem - ok, BOTH, but theres no warranty for just 1 mb/s on this benchmark.

Just to mention it: You are using a very outdated version of ASSSD. Mine is 1.6.4013.39530.

BTW: some values did increase, how'd you explain that!? ;)

You switched firmware. Did you re-write hole drive from scratch (secure-erase) before benchmarking again or was it like "bench" , "update" , "bench", and if yes, did you at least reboot the computer and gave the drive some time for the internal "management" to re-order?

No? This may have harmed the drive.

Archived